2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

16th July 2018, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Re: Museum Of Fine Arts Punjab University

I want to know the Museum Of Fine Arts at Panjab University, Chandigarh so can you tell me?
16th July 2018, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Museum Of Fine Arts Punjab University

The Museum of Fine Arts is an integral part of the Department of Art History and Visual Arts of Panjab University, Chandigarh and it has a wonderful collection of about 1200 works by contemporary Indian artists.

The Department of Art History and Visual Arts in this University was established in 1962 and offers a post-graduate course (Semester System) and a Ph.D. programme in History of Art.

Over the years it has emerged as an important centre of study and research in the region.

Department of Art History & Visual Arts Courses-

Doctor of Philosphy in Fine Arts

Duration 3 years
Eligibility
1. Entrance Test at Panjab University level/UGC NET cleared
2. Interview at departmental levelFee structure: As per University rules

M.A. in History of Art

Duration 2 years
Eligibility
A person who who has passed one of the following examinations shall be eligible1) B.A. (Pass) examination with 45 per cent marks in any of the following subjectsa) Art (b) Music (c) Psychology (d) Philosophy (e) Sociology (f) Sanskrit(g) History (h) English (i) Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology (j) Home Science (k) any one of the Modern Indian Languages/Classical languages (2) B.A. (Pass)/B.Sc. (Home Science) examination in second division with at least 50 per cent marks in the aggregate.(3) B.F.A./Bachelor of Architecture examination with at least 45 per cent marks in the aggregate(4) Master's examination in any subject.Provided he/she qualifies in an aptitude test conducted by the Department of Art History and Visual Arts as per guidelines laid down by the concerned Board of Control.

Criteria for admission will be as follows: (i) Aptitude Test - 40%, (ii) Academic Weightage - 60%

Contact-

Department of Art History & Visual Arts
Panjab University
Sector 14
Chandigarh, U.T. - 160014
India
Telephone: +91 172 2534194

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in