2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th February 2016, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

Muscle Myopathy

Hello sir, I am James Hobbit. I am form London. I want you to help me by providing me some information about the muscle myopathy disease. Give me some details about it.
25th February 2016, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Muscle Myopathy

Myopathy is a muscular disease in which the muscle fibres do not function for any one of many reasons, occasioning in muscular weakness. "Myopathy" simply means muscle disease

This meaning suggests that the primary defect is within the muscle, as opposed to the nerves ("neuropathies" or "neurogenic" disorders) or elsewhere (e.g., the brain etc.). Muscle cramps, stiffness, and spasm can also be associated with myopathy.

Capture Myopathy, or Shock Disease, is a little-studied condition observed in wild animals such as hares and birds that have been captured or handled.
The condition is usually lethal and stress has been recognized as the single most determining factor, exacerbated by muscle exertion.

Muscular disease can be classified as neuromuscular or musculoskeletal in nature. Some conditions, such as myositis, can be considered both neuromuscular and musculoskeletal.

Signs and symptoms:
Common muscle weakness, cramps, stiffness, and tetany

Myopathies in systemic disease results from numerous different disease processes including endocrine, inflammatory, paraneoplastic, infectious, drug- and toxin-induced, critical illness myopathy, metabolic, collagen related, and myopathies with other systemic disorders. Patients with systemic myopathies often present acutely or sub acutely

Treatments

Because different types of myopathies are produced by many different pathways, there is no single treatment for myopathy.
Treatments range from treatment of the symptoms to very specific cause-targeting treatments. Drug therapy, physical therapy, bracing for support, surgery, and massage are all current treatments for a variety of myopathies.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in