2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th December 2014, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Mumbai University MCA admission after BCA through distance

Yeah you can get admission in regular BCA course in Mumbai University after BCA distance learning. Here I am providing you the eligibility criteria for admission. Admission to MCA course is based on the entrance exam.

MU MCA eligibility-

Graduate in any faculty with Mathematics with minimum 45 % marks for open category and minimum 40% marks for reserved category and Mathematics at XII or higher level.

Those students whose names are appeared in the entrance merit list prepared by IDOL and fulfill the requirement of the under graduate examination are only eligible to take the admission in First Year M.C.A.

Entrance examination fees -

Rs.500/- be paid online through challan of Bank of Maharashtra OR through Credit/ Debit Card by Payment Gateway

Tentative Important Dates

Online submission of the MCA Entrance Test - 2014 through website: First Date - May 2015

Online submission of the MCA Entrance Test - 2014 through website: Last Date - June 2015

Date of the Entrance Test: June 2015

Mumbai University MCA Entrance 2015 Syllabus:

The questions in this paper will cover: logical reasoning, quantitative reasoning,high school mathematics, vocabulary, English comprehension and verbal ability.

General Aptitude:- The main objective of this section is to assess the general aptitude of the candidate to pursue a computer applications and software profession.

Algebra:- Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, Quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations.

Probability and Statistics:- Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions and skewness Binomial, Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting, and principle of least squares, correlation and regression.

Arithmetic:- Ratios and proportions, problems on time - work, distance - speed, percentage. Basic Set Theory and Functions: Set, relations and mappings.

Mensuration:- Areas, triangles and quadrilaterals, area and circumference of circles, volumes and surface areas of simple solids such as cubes, spheres, cylinders and cones.

Computer Basics:- Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of Instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, memory Organization, back-up devices.

Data Representation:- Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication.

Computer Architecture:- Block structure of computers, communication between processor and I / O devices, interrupts.

Computer Language:- Assembly language and high level language, Multiprogramming and time sharing operating systems, Computer Programming in C.

Operating System basics:- Multiprogramming and timesharing operating systems. Programming in C : Data types, Control Structures, Arr ays, functions, pointers.

Database Management Systems:- Data Models, Structured Query Language, E - R Diagrams, Normalization, primary key foreign key, RDBMS

Contact details

University of Mumbai
CST Road, Kalina, Santacruz East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400098 ‎
022 2654 3000

Map location

[MAP]https://www.google.co.in/maps?q=mumbai+university&hl=en&ll=19.074935,72.854 097&spn=0.010566,0.01869&sll=9.846971,76.74051&ssp n=0.011015,0.01869&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A[/MAP]
2nd December 2015, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Hii Guys , After Complete BCA Programme, Now I want to join MCA Programme from Mumbai University , for it will you please provide me information about admission ?
2nd December 2015, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Friend I want to tell you that you can Get Admission in regular MCA Course in Mumbai University after Completed BCA Distance Learning.

Here I am providing you the information for Admission MCA Course is based on the Entrance Exam.

Eligibility for Mumbai University MCA Entrance Exam :

Applicants must have Bachelor’s degree (Graduation) in any Faculty of a recognized University with minimum 45% marks (minimum 40% marks) with Mathematics as a subject at XII or higher level.

Students who have appeared for their final year examination and whose results are awaited are eligible to apply for the MCA Entrance Test.

Reservation of Seats:

The percentage of seats reserved for candidates of backward class categories belonging to Maharashtra State is as follows:

i) 13% Seats: SC

ii) 7% Seats: ST

iii) 3% Seats: D.T (A)

iv) 2.5% Seats: N.T (B)

v) 3.5%: N.T (C)

vi) 2% Seats: N.T (D)

vii) 19% Seats: OBC

viii) a) 30% Seats: Womens (Horizantal) Resevation as per State Govt.

MCA Entrance Test tentative dates :

Online submission of form of the MCA Entrance Test-
Midd of May

Online submission of the MCA Entrance Test Last Date:
1st week of June

Challan of Bank of Maharashtra will be accepted for payment up to
Midd of June

MCA Entrance Test date :
Last eek of June

Contact Detail :
Fort Campus: 22708700.
Kalina Campus: 26543000 / 26543300.

Address :
University of Mumbai
CST Road, Kalina, Santacruz East
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400098
16th February 2016, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, after BCA through distance mode education can I get admission in Mumbai university for to do MCA? Please provide me detail for Mumbai University MCA admission after BCA through distance?
16th February 2016, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

As per my searching any graduated can get admission in regular MCA course in Mumbai University after BCA distance learning.

You have to require some basic eligibility criteria for admission. Admission to MCA course is based on the entrance exam.

MU MCA eligibility-

Candidates are Graduate in any faculty with Mathematics with minimum 45 % marks for open category and minimum 40% marks for reserved category and Mathematics at XII or higher level.

Those students whose names are appeared in the entrance merit list prepared by IDOL and fulfil the requirement of the under graduate examination are only eligible to take the admission in First Year M.C.A.

Duration: 3 years minimum and 6 years maximum

Entrance examination fees -

Rs.500/- be paid online through challan of Bank of Maharashtra OR through Credit/ Debit Card by Payment Gateway.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in