2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th November 2015, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Re: Mumbai University FE Engineering Syllabus

Hello brother I am looking for F.E. Sem. I Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering Syllabus of
Mumbai University, so provide me the syllabus?
28th November 2015, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Mumbai University FE Engineering Syllabus

Hello friend as you ask for the F.E. Sem. I Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering Syllabus of
Mumbai University so here I am providing to you…

Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering

Prerequisite

A. Concept of e.m.f, potential difference, current, ohm's law, resistance, resistivity, series and parallel
connections, power dissipation in resistance, effect of temperature on resistance.
B. Capacitors, with uniform and composite medium, energy stored in capacitor, R-C time constant.
C. Magnetic field, Faraday's laws of Electromagnetic induction, Hysterics and eddy current losses,
energy stored in an inductor, time constant in R-L circuit.

1. D.C. circuits (only independent sources)

Kirchhoff 's laws, Ideal and practical voltage and current source, Mesh and Nodal analysis (super
node and super mesh excluded), Source transformation, Star-delta transformation, Superposition
theorem, Thevenin's theorem, Norton's theorem, Maximum power transfer theorem, (Source
transformation not allowed for Superposition theorem, Mesh and Nodal analysis)

2. A.C Circuits

Generation of alternating voltage and currents, RMS and Average value, form factor , crest factor, AC
through resistance, inductance and capacitance, R-L , R-C and R-L-C series and parallel circuits,
phasor diagrams, power and power factor, series and parallel resonance, Q-factor and bandwidth

3. Three phase circuits

Three phase voltage and current generation, star and delta connections (balanced load only),
relationship between phase and line currents and voltages, Phasor diagrams, Basic principle of
wattmeter, measurement of power by two wattmeter method .

4. Single phase transformer

Construction, working principle, Emf equation, ideal and practical transformer, transformer on no
load and on load, phasor diagrams, equivalent circuit, O.C. and S.C test, Efficiency.

5. Electronics (no numericals)

Semiconductor diode, Diode rectifier with R load: Half wave, full wave-center tapped and bridge
configuration, RMS value and average value of output voltage, ripple factor, rectification efficiency,
introduction to C and L filter (no derivation). CE, CB, CC transistor configuration, CE input-output
characteristics.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in