2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st January 2020, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

Re: MPSC Engineering Services

Can you provide me the syllabus for Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector (Pre) & (Main) Competitive Exam conducted by MPSC (Maharashtra Public Service Commission)?
1st January 2020, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Re: MPSC Engineering Services

The syllabus for Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector (Pre) & (Main) Competitive Exam conducted by MPSC (Maharashtra Public Service Commission) is as follows:

Section A: Mechanical and Automobile Engineering (120 Que. & 240 Marks)

1. Strength of Materials :
Stress and strain, strain energy, shearing force and bending moment, moment of inertia,
Principal planes and stresses, slope and deflection. Direct and bending stresses, Columns,
Torsion and thin cylinders.

2. Mechanical Technology :
Engineering materials, Non chip forming processes, chip Forming process : Turning,
Drilling, Milling, Boring, Broaching, Finishing and super finishing, Gear production as well
as NC-CNC and non-conventional machining methods.

3. Theory of Machines :
Kinematics and dynamics of machines, role of friction, different power devices and power
transmission equipments such as governers, gyroscopes etc., Applications of cams.

4. Hydraulics :
Fluids and their properties, Laminar and turbulent flow, Bernaulli’s Equation, Fluid
pressure, Pascal’s Law, Surface tension, fluid flow and its measurement.

5. Thermal Engineering :
Sources of energy : Conventional and non-conventional, Laws of thermo-dynamics,
Principle and working of heat engines, air compressors. Air Standard, vapour power and
Gas power cycles.

6. A. Automobile Engines :
Theory, working and constructional features of C.I. and S.I. engines, Combustion
phenomena and various ignition systems, Fuels and Lubricants, Performance and Testing
of I.C. Engines, Pollution control.

Syllabus Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector (Pre) & (Main) Exam MPSC

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in