2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th May 2015, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

Minimum Age To Appear For IAS Exam

I have done BA Degree. My dream wants to become IAS. So I want apply for IAS Exam conducted by UPSC. So give me details about minimum age required to appear in this exam. Provide me its official notification released by UPSC along with important dates. Give list of all optional subjects for IAS Main Exam?
Similar Threads
Thread
CAT Exam Minimum Age
Minimum Marks to Qualify CAT Exam
SBI PO Exam Minimum Passing Marks
Minimum Age for SCRA Exam
Bank PO Exam Minimum Marks
PSU Exam Minimum Required Qualification
AP SSC Exam Minimum age
What is Minimum age limit for UPSC exam?
Minimum marks required in CPT exam
Minimum Percentage required for MAT Exam
Minimum Passing Marks of CA-CPT Exam
PCS Exam Minimum Qualification
Minimum requirements for IPS exam
Minimum requirements for IAS exam
PCS exam Minimum age requirement
IAS Entrance Exam Minimum Eligibility
UPSC Exam Minimum Requirements
IIST Exam Minimum Eligibility
UGC NET Exam Required Minimum Score
DRDO Exam Minimum Eligibility
16th September 2019, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

Re: Minimum Age To Appear For IAS Exam

Hi buddy I want to know Minimum Age to Appear for UPSC IAS Exam so will you plz let me know about the same here so that I could make mind to aply for this exam ??
16th September 2019, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Minimum Age To Appear For IAS Exam

As you want here I am telling Minimum Age to Appear for UPSC IAS Exam is 21 years. It means that the candidate must have at least 21 years when the exam is held.

Upper age limit for General category: 32 years.
Upper age limit for OBC: 35 years.
Upper age limit for SC/ST: 37 Years.
Upper age limit for Defense Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof: 35 years.
Upper age limit for Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service: 37 years.
Upper age limit for blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons (general category): 42 years.

Syllabus
Paper I (200 marks) Duration: Two hours (Counted for the merit rank in the Prelims)

Current events of national and international importance.
History of India and Indian National Movement.
Indian and World Geography Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
Indian Polity and Governance Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change that do not require subject specialization.
General Science.

Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours (Not counted for the merit rank in Prelims but a qualifying Paper; just needs 33% marks)

Comprehension.
Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
Decision-making and problem-solving.
General mental ability.
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. Class X level).

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in