2023 2024 Student Forum

2023 2024 Student Forum (https://management.ind.in/forum/)
-   Main Forum (https://management.ind.in/forum/main-forum/)
-   -   Mini quiz (https://management.ind.in/forum/mini-quiz-252070.html)

Unregistered 25th February 2016 09:35 AM

Mini quiz

Hello sir, I am Mukesh. I am from Bhubaneswar. I want you to help me by providing me with some mini quiz questions. Can you provide me with that?

Shaleen 25th February 2016 09:35 AM

Re: Mini quiz

As you have asked for some mini quiz questions, I am giving you that

The interview is an essential part of a successful hiring program because, with it job applicants who have personalities that are unsuited to the requirements of the job will be eliminated from consideration.

This argument logically depends on which of the following assumptions?
A hiring program will be successful if it includes interviews.
The interview is a more important part of a successful hiring program than is the development of a job description.
Interviewers can accurately identify applicants whose personalities are unsuited to the requirements of the job.
The only purpose of an interview is to evaluate whether job applicants’ personalities are suited to the requirements of the job.
The fit of job applicants’ personalities to the requirements of the job was once the most important factor in making hiring decisions.

This question presents a sentence, part of which is underlined. Beneath the sentence you will find five ways of phrasing the underlined part. The first of these repeats the original; the other four are different. If you think the original is best, choose the first answer; otherwise choose one of the others.

Executives and federal officials say that the use of crack and cocaine is growing rapidly among workers, significantly compounding the effects of drug and alcohol abuse, which already are a cost to business of more than $100 billion a year.
significantly compounding the effects of drug and alcohol abuse, which already are a cost to business of
significantly compounding the effects of drug and alcohol abuse, which already cost business
significantly compounding the effects of drug and alcohol abuse, already with business costs of
significant in compounding the effects of drug and alcohol abuse, and already costing business
significant in compounding the effects of drug and alcohol abuse, and already costs business

After reading the passage, choose the best answer to each question. Answer the question on the basis of what is stated or implied in the passage.

Transnational cooperation among corporations is experiencing a modest renaissance among United States firms, even though projects undertaken by two or more corporations under a collaborative agreement are less profitable than projects undertaken by a single corporation. The advantage of transnational cooperation is that such joint international projects may allow United States firms to win foreign contracts that they would not otherwise be able to win.

Which of the following is information is provided by the passage?
Transnational cooperation involves projects too big for a single corporation to handle.
Transnational cooperation results in a pooling of resources leading to high-quality performance.
Transnational cooperation has in the past been both more common and less common than it is now among United States firms.
Joint projects between United States and foreign corporations are not profitable enough to be worth undertaking.
Joint projects between United States and foreign corporations benefit only those who commission the projects.

This question presents a sentence, part of which is underlined. Beneath the sentence you will find five ways of phrasing the underlined part. The first of these repeats the original; the other four are different. If you think the original is best, choose the first answer; otherwise choose one of the others.

Like Auden, the language of James Merrill is chatty, arch, and conversational – given to complex syntactic flights as well as to prosaic free-verse strolls.
Like Auden, the language of James Merrill
Like Auden, James Merrill’s language
Like Auden’s, James Merrill’s language
As with Auden, James Merrill’s language
As is Auden’s the language of James Merrill