2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

17th December 2015, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

MHA Vs MBA for Physicians

I am interested in the field of Health Care Management and for this I want to know which course is beneficial for Physician MBA in Health Care Management or MHA. Will you provide me difference between both and also tell me institutes offering MHA course?
Similar Threads
Thread
University physicians ophthalmology Jackson MS
Physicians Chicago
MBA Physicians Programs
Physicians immediate care jobs
MBA programs physicians
17th December 2015, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Re: MHA Vs MBA for Physicians

The decision to pursue an advanced degree requires careful consideration.

Difference Between an MHA and an MBA in Health Care Management:

While both programs cover health care management, the difference lies in the approach and focus.

The MBA is a business degree with a health care specialization, while the MHA is an immersive health care management degree.

About MHA:

MHA program includes coursework in health policy and law.

MHA is focused on skill building around the health care industry so students are able to go to work right away with a greater understanding of the complexities in this field, such as health-care-related financial skills, IT, organizational structure and awareness, and project management, among others.

About MBA:
An MBA in Health Care Management has more of an overall business focus, with less time spent on policy and more time spent on operations and business.
Colleges offering Master of Hospital Administration (MHA) Course for Physician:

Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam, Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology, 50th K.M.Stone, N.H.1, Murthal, Sonepat, Haryana
Father Muller Medical College, Father Muller Road, Kankanady, Mangalore, Karnataka
Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab
ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE), IFHE Campus Donthanapally Shankarapalli Road, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
N.S.H.M. College of Management and Technology, 124 B.L. Saha Road Kolkata, West Bengal
Padmashree College of Hospital Administration, Nagarbhavi Circle Bangalore, Karnataka
S.B. College of Management Studies, #21, 5th Phase, KHB Colony, Yelahanka New Town, Bangalore, Karnataka
Siksha O Anusandhan University, Khandagiri Square, Bhubaneswar, Orissa
Teerthanker Mahaveer College of Management & Computer Applications, 11th Km, Moradabad-Delhi Road, NH24, Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh
Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Moradabad Delhi Road, N-H-24, Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh
West Bengal University of Technology, BF 142, Sector 1, Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal
Westfort Institute of Para Medical Sciences, Westfort Academy for Higher Education, M.G Kavu P.O., Pottore, Thrissur, Kerala

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in