2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th November 2014, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Merchant Navy after B.E ECE

Ok, you want to join merchant navy so for this you have to clear CDS exam.
Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice in a year for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

CDS eligibility-

Graduation from a Recognized university
The candidate's age should be between 19-22 for NAVY
The candidate must be a citizen of India

Selection process -

Written exam
Interview
Medical test

CDS 2015 Exam Dates:-

CDS Exams are conducted twice a year i.e. in the month of February and November and the notification for the exam is usually released in the months of October and June respectively.

C.D.S. Exam.(I), 2015-

Date Of Commencement Of Exam:- 15.02.2015 (Sunday)

C.D.S. EXAM.(II), 2015:-

Date Of Commencement Of Exam:- 01.11.2015 (Sunday)

C.D.S. Exam.(I), 2014

Date Of Commencement Of Exam:- 09.02.2014 (Sunday)

C.D.S. Exam.(II), 2014

Date Of Commencement Of Exam:- 26.10.2014 (Sunday)

Exam syllabus : -

General knowledge - 100 marks
General English - 100 marks
Elementary maths - 100 marks

CDS 2015 Syllabus-

CDS will be a 6 hour exam covering 3 subjects each of 100 marks. Candidates need to solve each paper in 2 hours.

The Syllabus for the CDS 2015 exam contains topic from the subjects English, General Knowledge and Mathematics. Below you may find the detailed topics:

Elementary Mathematics-
Arithmetic
Algebra
Trigonometry
Geometry
Mensuration
Statistics

General Knowledge:-
Questions are based on current topics, science, history of India, geography, etc.

English:-
This paper tests candidates' knowledge in the English language.
28th February 2015, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Can you tell me if one can join Merchant Navy after completing B.E in ECE (Electrical Communication Engineering) as I want to make a career in it?
28th February 2015, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

After completion of B.Tech, you can join Navy through IMA (Indian Military Academy) or OTA (Officer's Training Academy) which is a CDS (Combined Defense Service) exam conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

Educational Qualification:
For IMA and OTA: The aspirants should possess graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institute.

Age Limit:
Unmarried male applicants born not earlier or later than date specified under current notification by UPSC regarding CDS exam

For Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for Men): Male aspirants (Married or Unmarried) born not earlier or later than date range provided in notification.

Nationality
An aspirant must be either Indian, or
A subject of Nepal, or
A subject of Bhutan, or
A Tibetan refugee who came over to India with the intention of permanent staying in India before January 1st, 1962, or
An aspirant of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Srilanka, Burma or East African countries of Kenya, The United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently staying in India.

Physical standard for CDS:

Selection process : -

* Written exam
* Interview
* Medical test

Exam syllabus : -

* General knowledge - 100 marks
* General English - 100 marks
* Elementary maths - 100 marks
9th August 2017, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;185515]Hi I want to join merchant navy after B.E in ECE so how can I apply for this?

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in