2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th April 2016, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Mckinsey Pst MBA

Hello sir I have applied for the McKinsey Problem Solving Test MBA so want to know that What’s left are the skills tested on McKinsey Problem Solving Test please provide me ??
Similar Threads
Thread
Mckinsey NMIMS
Mckinsey MBA Scholarship
MBA Mckinsey Salary
McKinsey GMAT Cut Off
Mckinsey MBA Internship
GMAT Mckinsey
Mckinsey MBA internship
Mckinsey Starting MBA Salary
29th April 2016, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Mckinsey Pst MBA

Here is left are the skills tested on McKinsey Problem Solving Test

Three of the most imperative skills are:-
(1) Quantitative proficiency,
(2) Reading, and
(3) Reasoning.

1. Quantitative Proficiency

If you notice in the question guide higher than, almost 40% of the questions on the McKinsey PST require nothing but plain calculations on data/ charts presented.

No logic, no reasoning, no synthesizing needed.

It would be an enormous plus for you to be able to go through these questions quickly, leaving the valuable time to think through the harder ones.

We have a full detailed article on Consulting Math with many valuable practice resources. Make sure you spend a significant amount of time going through them.

2. Reading-

In addition to the heavy load of calculations, you will also deal with a big lump of reading in your McKinsey Problem Solving Test.

The capacity to read fast while still catching important points will save you valuable time to spend on answering questions.
Practice reading

Get annual reports of companies from a wide selection of industries, including those you are not familiar with.

Try to read through the materials as fast as possible while catching important points.

Refer to case studies you have from school and practice reading them.

Most case studies will do you good quality as they generally have a similar type of reading to the McKinsey Problem Solving Test (i.e: case introduction, company facts, data, etc.)

3. Reasoning

Lastly, consulting is the exercise of logic and reasoning.

The Problem Solving Test does its job: test your sense of logic and reasoning.

If you have not carefully gone through materials above (i.e: “Understand the Test”),
I urge you to do so.

There are a lot of in-depth content to practice on logic and reasoning.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in