2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th June 2016, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Re: MCA Syllabus of RGPV University

Hey as per my idea doing MCA from RGPV University is good choice as it give good career opportunity and here I am giving you its details

Qualification
Candidate should have done BCA from recognised university

Syllabus
UNIT-I

Introduction of operation research. LP Formulations, Graphical method for solving LP’s with 2 variables, Simplex method, Duality theory in linear programming and applications, Integer linear programming, dual simplex method,

UNIT-II
Transportation problem, Assignment problem. Dynamic Programming : Basic Concepts, Bellman’s optimality principles, Dynamics programming approach in decision making problems, optimal subdivision problem. Sequencing Models: Sequencing problem, Johnson’s Algorithm for processing n jobs through 2 machines, Algorithm for processing n jobs through 3 or more machines, Processing 2 jobs through n machines.

UNIT-III
Project Management : PERT and CPM : Project management origin and use of PERT, origin and use of CPM, Applications of PERT and CPM, Project Network, Diagram representation, Critical path calculation by network analysis and critical path method (CPM), Determination of floats, Construction of time chart and resource labelling, Project cost curve and crashing in project management, Project Evaluation and review Technique (PERT).

UNIT-IV
Queuing Models : Essential features of queuing systems, operating characteristics of queuing system, probability distribution in queuing systems, classification of queuing models, solution of queuing M/M/1 :  /FCFS,M/M/1 : N/FCFS, M/M/S : /FCFS, M/M/S : N/FCFS

UNIT-V
Inventory Models : Introduction to the inventory problem, Deterministic Models, The classical EOQ (Economic Order Quantity) model, Inventory models with deterministe demands(no shortage & shortage allowed), Inventory models with probabilistic demand, multiitem determinise models.

Address
RGPV Campus,
Gandhinagar
0755 267 8833

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in