2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

13th April 2015, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

MCA 5th Sem Syllabus MDU

I am pursuing Master of Computer Application (MCA) 5th Semester Regular Program form Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU) so please give me Syllabus for preparation of Semester Examination? What are the subjects of MCA 5th Semester at MDU?
Similar Threads
Thread
Solapur University Syllabus BCA Syllabus BCA
RPSC II Grade Syllabus Teacher Syllabus
LIC Exam Syllabus DSE AAO Syllabus
Exam pattern of GATE and syllabus of GATE syllabus of Electrical Engineering
WBUT syllabus BBA syllabus
WBUT Ac Syllabus MBA Old Syllabus
7th August 2018, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

Re: MCA 5th Sem Syllabus MDU

Can you provide me the syllabus of Master of Computer Applications (MCA) Regular Programme offered by MDU (Maharshi Dayanand University), Rohtak?
7th August 2018, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Re: MCA 5th Sem Syllabus MDU

The syllabus of Master of Computer Applications (MCA) Regular Programme offered by MDU (Maharshi Dayanand University), Rohtak is as follows:
Semester I

MCA-101: MATHEMATICAL FOUNDATION OF COMPUTER SCIENCE

Unit I

Relation: Relations, Properties of Binary relation, Matrix representation of relations, Closures of relations, Equivalence relations, Partial order relation. Function: Types, Composition of function, Recursively defined function.
Algebraic Structures: Properties, Semi group, Monoid, Group, Abelian group, Subgroup, Cyclic group, Cosets, Normal Subgroups, Lagranges Theorem, Permutation groups.

Unit II

Propositional Logic: Prepositions, logical operations, Tautologies, Contradictions, Logical implication, Logical equivalence, Normal forms, Theory of Inference and deduction. Predicate Calculus: Predicates and quantifiers. Mathematical Induction.

Unit III

Lattices and Boolean Algebra: Introduction, Partially Ordered Set, Hasse diagram, Well ordered set, Lattices, Properties of lattices, Bounded lattices, Complemented and Distributive lattices, Boolean Algebra.

Unit IV

Introduction to defining language, Kleene Closure, Arithmetic expressions, Chomsky Hierarchy, Regular expressions, Generalized Transition graph
Conversion of regular expression to Finite Automata, NFA, DFA, Conversion of NFA to DFA, Optimizing DFA, FA with output: Moore machine, Mealy machine, Conversions.

Suggested Readings:

1. C.L.Liu: Elements of Discrete Mathematics, McGraw Hill.
2. Lipschutz, Seymour: Discrete Mathematics, Schaums Series
3. Babu Ram: Discrete Mathematics, Vinayek Publishers, New Delhi.
4. Trembley, J.P & R. Manohar: Discrete Mathematical Structure with Application to Computer Science, TMH.
5. Kenneth H. Rosen: Discrete Mathematics and its applications, TMH.
6. Doerr Alan & Levasseur Kenneth: Applied Discrete Structures for Computer Science, Galgotia Pub. Pvt. Ltd.
7. Gersting: Mathematical Structure for Computer Science, WH Freeman & Macmillan.
8. Hopcroft J.E, Ullman J.D.: Introduction to Automata theory, Languages and Computation, Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi.
9. Any other book(s) covering the contents of the paper in more depth.

Syllabus MCA Regular MDU (Maharshi Dayanand University), Rohtak

Syllabus MCA Regular MDU (Maharshi Dayanand University), Rohtak
mdurohtak.ac.in/pdf/Syllabus_pdf/MCA%202012-13_2015_16.pdf

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in