2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

16th March 2016, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

Mbandaka DRC

Hello sir, I am Thomas Obuya. I am from Congo. I want you to help me by giving me some information about the Mbandaka city in Democratic Republic of Congo. Can you give me some details about it?
Similar Threads
Thread
Ville de MBAndaka rdc
Drc MBAndaka
16th March 2016, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Mbandaka DRC

Mbandaka, formerly known as Coquilhatville or Coquilhatstad, is a city on the Congo River in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
It is the capital of Équateur province.

Some details about it:

Country Democratic Republic of the Congo
Province Équateur Province
Founded 1883
Area
Total 460 km2 (180 sq mi)
Elevation 370 m (1,210 ft)
Population (2012)[1]
Total 345,663
Density 750/km2 (1,900/sq mi)
Time zone WAT (UTC+1)
Notable places:

Catholic Mission station and Central African history research centre of Bamanya
A large research center for Central African history, originally set up by Fathers Gustaaf Hulstaert (1900–1990) and Honoré Vinck, is at the Catholic Mission station of Bamanya (Missionaries of the Sacred Heart (MSC)), 10 kilometres east of Mbandaka.

Botanic Garden of Eala
One of the finest botanical gardens representing central Africa is at nearby Eala, about 7 km east of the town centre. The Botanic Garden of Eala (founded in 1900) contains the floral richness of Central Africa with between 4,000 and 5,000 species

First Habitat for Humanity International housing project
Mbandaka is the home of the world's first project of Habitat for Humanity International. Habitat for Humanity's founder Millard Fuller served as missionary with the Disciples of Christ Church in Mbandaka from 1973-76.

The city is located at the center of the Tumba-Ngiri-Maindombe area, designated a Wetland of International Importance by the Ramsar Convention in 2008.
Mbandaka features a tropical rainforest climate under Köppen's climate classification.
The city does feature wetter and drier months, with the driest month, January averaging around 80 mm of precipitation per year

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in