2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th November 2015, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

MBA words

Welcome to MBA Forum. This is MBA words discussion page. Here you can discuss about MBA words in details. Please ask your question about MBA words in the quick reply box mention below. Our member will try to answer your question about it as soon as possible. Furthermore, please provide your full details with your question. Your Name, email address, phone numbers, also you education / University in which you are studying. If your question is related to any institution / University / Business School/ Online MBA / Distance MBA or Jobs related to MBA, then mention that in your question as well.
Similar Threads
Thread
GRE HF Words
Migratory Words for CLAT
GRE high frequency words list
MBA English Words
List of Root Words for GRE
Vocab Words for GMAT
GMAT Words
Foreign Words For Clat
IES Words High Frequency Words
Words Associated With Graduation
24th July 2018, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

Re: MBA words

Hello sir, Im preparing for MBA entrance exam. I want some best books for MBA words? Please suggest me MBA words?
24th July 2018, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Re: MBA words

For MBA preparation there is a topic vocabulary. A wide range of vocabulary is the distinguishing feature of an impeccable speaker.

An adroit speaker will boast off an expansive range of vocabulary, which means that he/ she will have multiple words and expressions to replace a particular word or expression.

In an MBA entrance examination, vocabulary plays a significant role both directly and indirectly. It is an integral part of the Verbal Ability (VA) section.

The book 50 COOL STORIES, 3000 HOT WORDS is a unique book for VOCABULARY Building, based on the Learning through Contextual Usage strategy.

The book is an excellent compilation of 50 titillating stories from diverse areas like, Law, Business, Linguistics, Media, Movies, Sports, Polity, Economics, sociology, technology, Demographics, Environment, Marketing, Infrastructure, etc.

50 COOL STORIES 3000 HOT WORDS (VOCABULARY for GRE/ MBA/ SAT) [Print Replica] Kindle Edition
by Disha Experts (Author)

Some vocabulary examples:

aberration

Meaning: (n.) something that differs from the norm

Sentence: Aberration from the subject can be disastrous.

abhor

Meaning: (v.) to hate, detest

Sentence: I abhor the feeling of being surrounded by mess!

acquiesce

Meaning: (v.) to agree without protesting

Sentence: If you acquiesce without showing contempt for the social hypocrisies, you are bound to live with it.

alacrity

Meaning: (n.) eagerness, speed

Sentence: alacrity of spirit that feels but half the weight it carries.

amiable

Meaning: (adj.) friendly

Sentence: Amiable behavior helps you grow in life, and make countless friends on each turn of life.

appease

Meaning: (v.) to calm, satisfy

Sentence: You can never appease someone who is bound to make live a regretful life.

arcane

Meaning: (adj.) obscure, secret, known only by a few

Sentence: The arcane mysteries of Egyptian pyramids are beyond comprehension to even most famous of historians.

avarice

(n.) excessive greed (The bankers avarice led him to amass an enormous personal fortune.)

brazen

Meaning: (adj.) excessively bold, brash, clear and obvious (Critics condemned the writersbrazen attempt to plagiarise Frankow-Czerwonkos work.)

brusque

Meaning: (adj.) short, abrupt, dismissive

Sentence: A brusque dismissal of my proposals causes me grief.

cajole

Meaning: (v.) to urge, coax

Sentence: Cajole a lamenting soul, and you will receive natures blessings.

callous

Meaning: (adj.) harsh, cold, unfeeling

Sentence: Her callous behavior towards your feelings can cause you sufferings.

candor

Meaning: (n.) honesty, frankness

Sentence: Your candor will make your endless number of friends.

chide

Meaning: (v.) to voice disapproval

Your sloppy behavoiur and indifference will make Hanna chide and complain.

circumspect

Meaning: (adj.) cautious

Sentence: I circumspect that I would be able to bring you home before 10 am. But unfortunately I proved wrong.

clandestine

Meaning: (adj.) secret

Sentence: Her clandestine relation with her boyfriend came as a shock to her husband.

coerce

Meaning: (v.) to make somebody do something by force or threat

Sentence: Our youngsters are almost coerced into growing up far too fast and far too soon by some of the pressures and policies around them.

coherent

Meaning: (adj.) logically consistent, intelligible

Sentence: ritains international policy toward the historic environment needs to become more coherent.
complacency

Meaning: (n.) self-satisfied ignorance of danger

Sentence: I think you have just identified the cause of so much complacency in the uk property market.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in