2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th December 2012, 03:04 PM
Puran Singh Rawat124

MBA vs. MS accounting

Hello, I want to do master degree in accounting. Can you plz tell me which degree is best for accounting? Also provide me the page from where I can get the information of MBA and MS in Accounting.
Similar Threads
Thread
MMU MSC Accounting
UNM MBA Accounting
HBU MBA Accounting
MSA or MBA in Accounting
TWU MBA Accounting
MBA Accounting
CBU MBA in accounting
Accounting Schools MA
IIT student accounting
Accounting 1
RIT MBA Accounting
Masters in Accounting Vs MBA
CUNY MBA Accounting
USC School of Accounting
Unm MBA accounting
MBA and MS in Accounting
UTS MBA Accounting
Accounting Courses
Tax Accounting Courses
Distinction between Cost Accounting, Management Accounting and Financial Accounting
6th December 2012, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Re: MBA vs. MS accounting

You want to do the master degree in accounting and getting confused in choosing which degree you should do whether MBA or MS accounting.
You are torn between MBA or MSA.

A Masters in Business Administration (MBA) is a master degree course which requires specialization, such as accounting, management, etc…
Where as-
MSA is the accounting degree course which help students develop skills to become highly educated and trained accountants.

Both of them have bright future. Which ever you opt for we are always with you. For more queries or any other information please say us. We are always ready for your help.
6th January 2016, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

HI I am Paul and I want you to outline some differences between MBA program and MS accounting program and tell which is better one?
6th January 2016, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

If you are considering pursuing course in business and concentrate on accounts then what should you consider: an MBA with a concentration in accounting or a MS in Accounting. There are many MS in Acc. And MBA but there are differences within each type. I am listing below some generalizations which may or may not be true

Content
An MBA concentrate on higher level and broad topics. We can say, MBA usually has “business” as main area of study. The MBA is designed post graduate degree – First year consists of core courses (marketing, accounting, finance, economics, etc.). In year 2, MBA students “major” or focus on a particular area (e.g. marketing, accounting, finance, etc.)

A MS Acc. usually has, at its core, accounting as main area of study. Other topics may be included in the curriculum (e.g. strategy, sustainability, etc.) but accounting is the core.
Work experience
Most MBA programs put emphasis on prior work experience as part of the admission decision.

Most MS Acc. programs see prior work experience as bonus if an applicant has it but not make it compulsory.

Prerequisite knowledge
Most MBA programs do not need formal necessity knowledge
Many MS Acc. programs have varying levels of prerequisite accounting knowledge (in the form of accounting coursework) as a requirement.

There are exceptions to the differences mentioned above. For example, some MS Acc. programs (including the one at Fisher/Ohio State) require some accounting coursework earlier to admission whereas others will only review applications from undergraduate accounting majors. Some Ms Acc. programs syllabus may consist of 100% accounting courses whereas others will have a lower percentage

Just like the MBA is not the same as the MS Acc., each MBA is not same as another MBA and each MS Acc. is not the same as another Ms Acc. It depends upon your due thoroughness and you will find the best program to suit your personal and professional goals.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in