2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th January 2016, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

Mba reit

Hello sir I am Shelly and I am here as I want to know how McCombs Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) Fund is related to Master in Business Administration??
5th January 2016, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Mba reit

The McCombs Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) Fund is a student-managed investment fund based on the MBA Investment Fund

The REIT fund was started in 2007 with an initial investment from part of the Real Estate Finance and Investment Center's savings.

It operates under the umbrella of the well-established MBA Investment Fund at the McCombs School. The fund is managed by a team of McCombs MBA students supported by McCombs undergraduates and overseen by McCombs finance faculty and an outside advisory board.

The REIT Fund is unique in the business school because it gives top McCombs MBA and undergraduate finance majors real-money investment experience in a shared classroom environment.

Prerequisites for this Program:

-You must be classified as a junior before the fall semester of the program begins.

-FIN 357, ACC 311, and ACC 312 must be completed prior to the spring term of the program.

-FIN 367 shall be completed prior to the program or can be taken concurrently with the fall semester of the program.

In shorts The McCombs REIT Fund is:

-Focused exclusively on U.S.-based REIT securities

-Benchmarked against an un-managed, market-weight REIT Index

-Managed by a team of five to eight MBA portfolio managers from our Real Estate MBA program

-Supported by a team of ten to fourteen undergraduate analysts, competitively selected from McCombs undergraduate finance majors

-Overseen on a day-to-day basis by McCombs finance faculty members, including Professors Sheridan Titman, Greg Hallman, and Jay Hartzell

-Advised by an outside advisory board comprised of senior real estate executives

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in