2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th November 2012, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Re: MBA or PhD in Economics PhD Economics

An MBA is only a two-year program, whereas a PhD is typically four to six years.
A MBA candidate gets more career opportunities than PHD candidates. MBA course provide better salary packages.

A PhD makes sense if you want to consider the possibility of being an academic. You may pursue a PhD and then decide along the way to pursue a different path than being a professor.

Both of MBA and PHD courses is having their own importance , so it is depends on our own interest .
11th January 2016, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have done graduation and now I am confuse that I should do MBA or PhD in Economics for better career
11th January 2016, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

As you have done MBA and little bit confuse that you should do MBA or PhD in Economics for better career so let me tell you that MBA is more of profession a technical degree and PhD. is more deep and related to study and theoretical part

If you want to work as a professor than you should go for the Ph.d but in my opinion you should go for the MBA program because you will have a good salary package and a good industry exposure and fun too.

You need to give only 2 years and you will get the MBA degree

Banks,

Finance sectors,

Retail, insurance,

Manufacturing

Entertainment sectors.

Investment Banks

Management Consultancies

Development Sector Organizations

Environmental Policy Organizations

Public Sector Organizations

Multinational Corporations