2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th February 2016, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

MBA Observatory

Hi sir, I am Samson Brendon. I am from Nashville. I want you to help me by providing me some information about the Montgomery Bell Academy (MBA), Long Mountain Observatory and also list the equipments present there.
Similar Threads
Thread
ISRO Observatory
IUCAA Observatory
25th February 2016, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Re: MBA Observatory

Montgomery Bell Academy (MBA) is a type of preparatory day school for boys in grades 7 through 12.
It is located in Nashville, Tennessee..
It was formed in the year 1866.
As you have asked about the Montgomery Bell Academy, Long Mountain Observatory, I am giving you information regarding that

Montgomery Bell Academy, Long Mountain Observatory near McMinnville, TN was completed in 2011.
The observatory is equipped with a PlaneWave CDK 24 telescope and integrated rotating focuser on a PlaneWave Ascension 200HR mount.
The telescope is equipped with an SBIG STL 11000M camera with Astrodon L-R-G-B-Ha-V-Rc-Ic filters to permit RGB and narrow band imaging as well as photometry and exoplanet light curve research.

Equipments in the observatory:
Primary Deep Sky Imaging setup:
RC Optical Systems Carbon Truss 24" (0.61M) Telescope with Ion Milled f/7.8 optics. The system has a peak-to-valley wavefront variation of 0.1 wave, 0.021 RMS, and an approximate Strehl Ratio of
0.983. The telescope is carried by an RCOS Professional Series Equatorial Fork Mount.

Wide field imaging:
AP 155EDF with 4" Field Flattener.
AP 0.76xTelecompressor/Flattener.
Software Bisque Paramount ME.
SBIG STL6303E/AO-L with CBB, Ha, SII, OIII, LRGB filters. NIR-L, UV, g', r', i', and z' available.
SBIG ST 402ME.

Solar:
Baader Herschel Wedge; Coronado SolarMaxII 90mm/BF30 on AP155EDF for high resolution, and Coronado
SM60/BF15 on TeleVue Pronto for wide angle portability

Planetary:
Celestron C-14; Point Grey FLEA-3 (Firecapture software), Lumenera LU135M (Lucam Recorder software) and Homeyer motorized filter wheel. C/UV/IRpass/R/G/B

SBIG Seeing Monitor
SBIG Allsky Camera
Boltwood Cloud Sensor
RCOS Mirror Cleaning and Re-coating

Montgomery Bell Academy
4001 Harding Road
Nashville, TN 37205
School Office (615) 298-5514
School Fax (615) 297-0271

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in