2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th February 2016, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Mba mku

Can you provide me the syllabus of Master in Business Administration or MBA (Financial Management) course offered by MKU to Madurai Kamaraj University as I need it for preparation of exams?
26th February 2016, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Mba mku

Madurai Kamaraj University is a Statutory University, established in 1965 by Govt. of Tamilnadu. It is recognized and funded by UGC and is a member of Association of Indian Universities. It has been reaccredited by NAAC with grade A.

Syllabus of Master in Business Administration or MBA (Financial Management)

SEMESTER I

PAPER 1 MANAGEMENT: THEORY AND PRACTICE

Objectives: To help students understand Evolution of Management Thought, Concepts, basic functions and recent trends managerial concepts and practices for better business decisions.

UNIT I: Evolution of Management thoughts – Contribution of Selected Management Thinkers
– Various approaches to management – contemporary management practice – Managing in global environment – Managerial functions.

UNIT II: Importance of planning – Types of planning – decision making process – Approaches to decision making – Decision models – Pay off Matrices – Decision trees – Break Even Analysis.

UNIT III: Departmentation – Span of Control – Delegation – Centralisation and
Decentralisation – Commitees – Line and Staff relationships – Recent trends in organization structures.

UNIT IV: Process of Recruitment, Selection, Induction Training – Motivation – Leading – Leadership styles and qualities – Communication – process and barriers.

UNIT V: Managements control systems – techniques – Types of control.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in