2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th October 2012, 04:21 PM
VIVEK.VICK.a

Mba mfe

I want to know about the MFE MBA finance level course so please can you give me the program schedule.
9th October 2012, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Mba mfe

I am giving the program schedule of Master of Financial Economics an MBA finance level program for your reference. Here is the schedule of the program.

The MFE is a 16-month, full-time program. It begins in mid-August with a two-week review on mathematics and statistics to prepare students for the academic components of the program. Over the first two terms students take MA level courses, for instance, in financial economics and econometrics, as well as MBA courses in corporate finance and option pricing. After their first year of academic study, students engage in a four-month summer
internship, from May to August. Students complete the program in
December and enter the workforce in early January.

For the rest of the details you can use the link provided.

economics.utoronto.ca/templates/mfe/html/MFE%20Employers%20Guide.pdf
8th December 2015, 08:55 AM
Unregistered

Hii sir, please suggest me what to do MBA of MFE As my masters After doing BBA course ?
8th December 2015, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

As per my knowledge both the courses are good but as per my knowledge for doing MFE you may go to Abroad for this , the major diffewrence between these courses Are given below:

Diiffernce Between the MBA and MFA :

MFE – it represents the emerging discipline where in mathematical tools are used to model financial markets and solve problems in finance,

MBA : Master of Business Adminstation

In tems of Specialization :

MBA is a business education, while the MFE is specializing in training senior financial personnel of special education. Master of Financial Engineering courses all focus on the financial sector. If student is interested in accounting, marketing or human resources management, then one should be learning MBA program, because the MBA program is more widely and cover all the areas.

In terms of Curricullim
FE and MBA are very different. In addition to the curriculum, for the MBA application one does not require specific courses to be taught in the undergraduate degree , however, the Master of Financial Engineering applications require the applicant must have done the the two undergraduate course – calculus and statistics. Therefore MFE is not suitable for those people in liberal arts university. Finally, MFE study is one year, and MBA courses are usually required coverage for two years.

If you wants to do MBA then here I am giving you the names of the top MBA Colleges the names are given below :

Indian Institute of Management , Vastrapur, Ahmedabad 380015
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta
Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI)
Faculty of Management Studies (FMS)
S. P. Jain Institute of Management and Research
Management Development Institute
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Kozhikode
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) - Indore
International Management Institute
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in