2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

16th November 2015, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Re: MBA Finance Syllabus Osmania University

Hello sir, I’m doing MBA from Osmania University. I want syllabus for MBA finance . Any one here please provide me MBA Finance Syllabus Osmania University?
16th November 2015, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

MBA is stand for Management degree in Marketing. And MBA in Finance is the Elective subject in MBA.

In Osmania university Finance for MBA is elective subject.

Finance Syllabus:

Strategic Financial Decision
Secu(rity Analysis Portfolio Management
International Finance
Risk Analysis Management

Financial Management
Unit – I : The Finance function :

Nature and Scope. Evolution of finance function – The new role in the contemporary scenario – Goals of finance function – maximizing vs. satisfying (School); Profit vs. Wealth Vs. Welfare ;the agency relationship and costs – The new debate on maximizing – Vs- satisficing. Wealthmaximization and Risk-Return trade off.

Unit – II: The Investment Decision:

Investment decision process- Project generation, project evaluation, project selection and projectimplementation. Developing Cash Flow Data. Using Evaluation Techniques – Traditional andDCF methods. The NPV vs. IRR Debate. Approaches for reconciliation. Capital budgetingdecision under conditions of risk and uncertainty; Measurement of Risk – Risk adjustedDiscount Rate, Certainty Equivalents and Beta Coefficients , Probability tree approach – Sensitivity analysis.

Unit – III: The Financing Decision

:Sources of finance – a brief survey of financial instruments. Concept and financial effects of leverage. The capital structure decision in practice: EBIT – EPS analysis. Cost of Capital: Theconcept – Average vs. Marginal Cost of Capital. Measurement of Cost of Capital – Component Costs and Weighted Average Cost. The Dividend Decision: Major forms of dividends – Cash and Bonus shares. The theoretical backdrop – Dividends and valuation; Major theories centered on the works of Gordon, Walter and Lintner – The basic dividend theorems for valuation. Dividend policies of Indian Companies.

Unit – IV: Current Assets Management

:Concepts and characteristics of working capital. Factors determining the working capital.Estimating working capital requirements. Working capital policy. Management of currentassets – Cash, Receivables and Inventory. Cash budget, Receivables policy, Credit terms – Financing current assets – Customers credit. Short term bank finance – Bank norms for working – Capital financing.

Unit – V: Corporate Restructures:

Corporate Mergers and acquisitions and take-overs – Types of Mergers – Economic rationalefor Mergers, motives for mergers, Financial Evaluation of Mergers – different approachesfor valuation..Corporate Value based management systems – Approaches – Principles of good corporateGovernance
20th February 2016, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I want MBA financial management syllabus of Osmania university, from where I can obtain it do you providing me?
20th February 2016, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Osmania University Department of Business Management offered MBA program.
Students those aspiring to join MBA programme are required to appear for a Common Entrance Test which evaluates them on the basis of their analytical, quantitative and verbal skills.

Here I’m providing you MBA finance management syllabus Osmania university:

Financial Management

Unit – I: The Finance function:Nature and Scope; Evolution of finance function – Its new role in the contemporary scenario –Goals of finance function – maximizing vs. satisfying; Profit vs. Wealth vs. Welfare; the Agency relationship and costs; Risk-Return trade off; Concept of Time Value of Money – Future Value and
Present value.

Unit – II: The Investment Decision:Investment decision process- Project generation, project evaluation, project selection and project implementation. Developing Cash Flow; Data for New Projects; Using Evaluation Techniques –
Traditional and DCF methods. The NPV vs. IRR Debate; Approaches for reconciliation. Capital budgeting decision under conditions of risk and uncertainty; Measurement of Risk – Risk adjusted
Discount Rate, Certainty Equivalents and Beta Coefficient, Probability tree approach, Sensitivity analysis.

Unit – III: The Financing Decision: Sources of finance – a brief survey of financial instruments; Capital Structure Theories, Concept and financial effects of leverage; The capital structure decision in practice: EBIT – EPS analysis.
Cost of Capital: The concept – Average vs. Marginal Cost of Capital; Measurement of Cost of Capital – Component Costs and Weighted Average Cost of Capital

Unit – IV: Current Assets Management and Dividend Decision:Concept of current assets, characteristics of working capital. Factors determining working capital.
Estimating working capital requirements. Working capital policy. Management of current assets: Cash Management, Receivables Management and Inventory Management. Bank norms for working
capital financing. The Dividend Decision: Major forms of dividends – Cash and Bonus shares. The theoretical backdrop – Dividends and valuation; Major theories centered on the works of Gordon, Walter, and Lintner. A brief discussion on dividend policies of Indian companies.

Unit – V: Corporate Restructuring and Corporate Governance: Corporate Mergers, acquisitions and takeovers: Types of mergers, Economic rationale ofMergers, motives for mergers; Financial evaluation of mergers; Approaches for valuation: DCF
approach and Comparable Company approach (No practical exercises). Corporate Value based management systems. Approaches: Marakon approach and McKinsey approach; Principles of good corporate Governance

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in