2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th May 2016, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

MBA DBMS Syllabus

Hello sir, I am Mohan. I am from Delhi. I want you to help me by giving me some information about the syllabus of the Database Management System (DBMS) subject of Master of Business Administration (MBA) program of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU). Can you help me?
Similar Threads
Thread
Madras University DBMS Syllabus
DBMS UGC NET Questions
DBMS Syllabus MDU
Anna University Chennai DBMS Syllabus
DBMS Syllabus For Osmania University
MBA DBMS Syllabus
Dbms notes for MBA
DBMS Book for MBA
AMIE DBMS AMIE DBMS Question Papers
IIT Madras DBMS
Osmania University DBMS Syllabus
DBMS for MBA PPT
Ibps so dbms
DBMS Notes for MBA
IBPS SO DBMS Syllabus
IIT Madras DBMS
MDU DBMS syllabus
JNTU MCA DBMS Syllabus
Anna Univ. DBMS Syllabus
Introduction of DBMS
6th May 2016, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Re: MBA DBMS Syllabus

As you have asked about the syllabus of the Database Management System (DBMS) subject of Master of Business Administration (MBA) program of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), I am giving you information about it, check below for the details

Database Management Systems
Course Code: MS 239 L-2 Credits: 2

Course Contents:

1. Purpose, Advantages and Disadvantages of DBMS, Data Models, Schemas and Instances, DBMS Architecture and Data Independence, Types of DBMS – Hierarchical, Network, Relational, Object-oriented and Object relational. (04 Hours)

2. ER-Model – Basic concepts, Design Issues, Mapping Constraints, Keys, E-R Diagram, Design of an E-R Database Schema, Reduction of E-R Schema to Tables.
SQL: Background, Basic Structure, Set Operations, Aggregate Functions, Null Values, Nested Sub Queries, Derived Relations, Views, Modification of Database, Joined Relations, Data Definition Language, Domain Constraints, Referential Integrity. (10 Hours)

3. Oracle: Basic Architecture, Data Definition, Data Manipulation (LIKE Operator, String Commands, Numeric Function, Date Function, Translate and Decode Function), Introduction to PL/SQL (Conditional, Logic, Loops, Go to Statements, Exceptional Handling, Triggers, Procedures, Functions, Cursor, LOB’s). (10 Hours)

4. Structure of Relational Databases, Relational Algebra, Functional Dependencies, Normal forms NF1, NF2, NF3 and BCNF, Multivalued Dependencies and Fourth Normal Form, Join Dependencies and Fifth Normal Form. Transaction, Concurrency: ACID Properties, Transaction State, Locks, Deadlock Condition, Two- Phase Locking protocol.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in