2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st April 2016, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Re: MBA Aptitude Test Preparation

I will help you here to get the CAT Aptitude Test entrance exam paper so that you can have idea about the exam and I hope you will get good MAB college.

Here is the exam paper
1. A dishonest milkman professes to sell his milk at cost price but he mixes it with water and thereby gains 25%. The percentage of water in the mixture is:
A. 4%
B. 6%
C. 20%
D. 25%

Direction (for Q.Nos. 2 - 3):
Find out the wrong number in the given sequence of numbers.
2. 22, 33, 66, 99, 121, 279, 594
A. 33
B. 121
C. 279
D. 594

3. 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
A. 10
B. 11
C. 12
D. 9

4. A group of students decided to collect as many paise from each member of group as is the number of members. If the total collection amounts to Rs. 59.29, the number of the member is the group is:
A. 57
B. 67
C. 77
D. 87

5. The cost price of 20 articles is the same as the selling price of x articles. If the profit is 25%, then the value of x is:
A. 15
B. 16
C. 18
D. 25

6. A man buys a cycle for Rs. 1400 and sells it at a loss of 15%. What is the selling price of the cycle?
A. Rs. 1090
B. Rs. 1160
C. Rs. 1190
D. Rs. 1202

Direction (for Q.No. 7):
Each of the questions given below consists of a statement and / or a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statement(s) is / are sufficient to answer the given question. Read the both statements and

Give answer (A) if the data in Statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in Statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
Give answer (B) if the data in Statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in Statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
Give answer (C) if the data either in Statement I or in Statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
Give answer (D) if the data even in both Statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
Give answer(E) if the data in both Statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.

7. What is the average age of children in the class?

I. The age of the teacher is as many years as the number of children.

II. Average age is increased by 1 year if the teacher's age is also included.
A. I alone sufficient while II alone not sufficient to answer
B. II alone sufficient while I alone not sufficient to answer
C. Either I or II alone sufficient to answer
D. Both I and II are not sufficient to answer
E. Both I and II are necessary to answer

8. A man invested Rs. 4455 in Rs. 10 shares quoted at Rs. 8.25. If the rate of dividend be 12%, his annual income is:
A. Rs. 207.40
B. Rs. 534.60
C. Rs. 648
D. Rs. 655.60

9. Aman started a business investing Rs. 70,000. Rakhi joined him after six months with an amount of Rs.. 1,05,000 and Sagar joined them with Rs. 1.4 lakhs after another six months. The amount of profit earned should be distributed in what ratio among Aman, Rakhi and Sagar respectively, 3 years after Aman started the business?
A. 7 : 6 : 10
B. 12 : 15 : 16
C. 42 : 45 : 56
D. Cannot be determined

10. In a bag, there are coins of 25 p, 10 p and 5 p in the ratio of 1 : 2 : 3. If there is Rs. 30 in all, how many 5 p coins are there?
A. 50
B. 100
C. 150
D. 200

11. The true discount on Rs. 2562 due 4 months hence is Rs. 122. The rate percent is:
A. 12%
B. 13 1 %3
C. 15%
D. 14%

12. A man buys a watch for Rs. 1950 in cash and sells it for Rs. 2200 at a credit of 1 year. If the rate of interest is 10% per annum, the man:
A. gains Rs. 55
B. gains Rs. 50
C. loses Rs. 30
D. gains Rs. 30

Direction (for Q.No. 13):
Find out the wrong number in the series.
13. 15, 16, 34, 105, 424, 2124, 12756
A. 16
B. 34
C. 105
D. 424
E. 2124

14. What was the day of the week on 28th May, 2006?
A. Thursday
B. Friday
C. Saturday
D. Sunday

15. What is the probability of getting a sum 9 from two throws of a dice?
A. 1/6
B. 1/8
C. 1/9
D. 1/12

Direction (for Q.No. 16):
Each of the questions given below consists of a statement and / or a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statement(s) is / are sufficient to answer the given question. Read the both statements and

Give answer (A) if the data in Statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in Statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
Give answer (B) if the data in Statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in Statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
Give answer (C) if the data either in Statement I or in Statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
Give answer (D) if the data even in both Statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
Give answer(E) if the data in both Statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.

16. What is the rate of compound interest?

I. The principal was invested for 4 years.

II. The earned interest was Rs. 1491.

17. The difference between a two-digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the digits is 36. What is the difference between the sum and the difference of the digits of the number if the ratio between the digits of the number is 1 : 2 ?
A. 4
B. 8
C. 16
D. None of these

Direction (for Q.No. 18):
Find the odd man out.
18. 396, 462, 572, 427, 671, 264
A. 396
B. 427
C. 671
D. 264

19. If a quarter kg of potato costs 60 paise, how many paise will 200 gm cost?
A. 48 paise
B. 54 paise
C. 56 paise
D. 72 paise

Direction (for Q.No. 20):

Give answer(B) if the data in Statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in Statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.

20. A man mixes two types of rice (X and Y) and sells the mixture at the rate of Rs. 17 per kg. Find his profit percentage.

I.The rate of X is Rs. 20 per kg.
II. The rate of Y is Rs. 13 per kg.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in