2023 2024 Student Forum

2023 2024 Student Forum (https://management.ind.in/forum/)
-   Main Forum (https://management.ind.in/forum/main-forum/)
-   -   Marine engineering research institute meri kolkata imu kolkata campus (https://management.ind.in/forum/marine-engineering-research-institute-meri-kolkata-imu-kolkata-campus-149392.html)

Unregistered 23rd May 2015 04:51 PM

Marine engineering research institute meri kolkata imu kolkata campus

My son wants to take admission in the Marine Engineering and Research Institute (MERI)-IMU Kolkata? So I want to download the Admission Brochure of Marine Engineering and Research Institute (MERI)-IMU Kolkata? Please tell me how I can get its Admission Brochure online?

Unregistered 1st July 2020 02:24 PM

Re: Marine engineering research institute meri kolkata imu kolkata campus

Can you provide me some details about the MERI (Marine Engineering & Research Institute) of Indian Maritime University - Kolkata Campus?

Arun Vats 1st July 2020 02:25 PM

Re: Marine engineering research institute meri kolkata imu kolkata campus

The Indian Maritime University - Kolkata Campus comprises two premier institutions- the Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI, Kolkata) and the Indian Institute of Port Management (IIPM, Kolkata).

MERI

MERI is regarded as the most acclaimed Institute around the world for Maritime Education. Its policy since the beginning has always been to:-

1) Impart the best learning opportunity to the students.
2) Create effective interface for compliance with latest requirements of national and international regulatory and accreditation bodies.
3) Deliver & exceed the needs of our customers and other interested parties.
4) Provide adequate resources.

MERI, Kolkata was awarded with "Gateway award of Excellence in Maritime Education - Quality" on 27th Nov. 2010 by "Gateway", a renowned Knowledge Forum in India. It offers the following academic programmes:
1) B. Tech in Marine Engineering
2) M. Tech in Marine Engineering & Management
3) MBA in International Transportation & Logistics Management

Besides, MERI also conducts various STCW courses and MEO Class-I Preparatory Course.

IIPM

The Indian Institute of Port Management, Kolkata was set up by the Kolkata Port Trust, Govt. of India, in 1965 at Subhas Bhavan in the hub of port and container terminals and subsequently taken over in 1977 by the major Ports of India through the Indian Ports Association, New Delhi.

It has been imparting post graduate management programmes including management development programmes in addition to offering DG Shipping approved post-sea courses in collaboration with FOSMA Maritime Institute & Research Organization (FMIRO), Mumbai.

It has taken up research and consultancy assignments from the maritime sector. It has completed environment studies, harbour studies, port studies and recruitment assignments for major ports of India.

It has air-conditioned class rooms, an excellent library with the finest collections of books and journals in port and shipping management, besides having three state-of-the-art simulators, (i) Transas GMDSS Simulator TGS 2000/3000, (ii) Decca Bridge Master and (iii) Multi-screen Ship Handling Simulator and the training ship "T.S. Bhopal".

Contact Details

Indian Maritime University - Kolkata Campus
P - 19, Taratalla Road,
Kolkata - 700 088.
Tel : (033) 2401 4673 / 76 & 78
Fax : (033) 2401 4333.
Email: director@merical.ac.in, director.kolkata@imu.ac.in

Indian Institute of Port Management
Subhas Bhavan,
2nd Floor, 40,
Circular Garden Beach Road,
Kolkata - 700 043.