2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

16th April 2018, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

Re: Madurai Kamaraj University Syllabus Bcom

Can you provide me the syllabus of B.Com (Computer Application) Program offered by Madurai Kamaraj University DDE (Directorate of Distance Education)?
16th April 2018, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Madurai Kamaraj University Syllabus Bcom

The syllabus of B.Com (Computer Application) Program offered by Madurai Kamaraj University DDE (Directorate of Distance Education) is as follows:

I YEAR FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING I
The objective of the course is to develop conceptual understanding of the fundamentals of financial accounting systems and to enable the students to take up higher studies like CA, ICWA, and ACS with ease and confidence.
This course envelops the basic double entry system booking and imparts skill on various kinds of special transactions in business.

Unit I
Double Entry Book-keeping - Accounting standards concepts and Preparation of Journal, Ledger, Subsidiary Books, Trial Balance and Final Accounts. Rectification of errors- journal entries

Unit II
Bills of exchange, Accounts from incomplete Records: Net worth method Conversion method, Bank Reconciliation statement - Reconciliation in case of favourable and unfavourable balances in passbook and cash book - Reconciliation after adjustments in cash book and pass book.

Unit III
Account current Forward method Red ink method Backward method Daily balance method, Average due date, Hire Purchases system - Instalment purchase (theory only), Depreciation Meaning - methods of calculating and recording depreciation Straight line, Diminishing Balance, Annuity & Depreciation Fund methods

Unit IV
Consignment, Joint Venture, Accounts of Non-trading Organisation Preparation of Receipts and Payments Accounts Income and Expenditure Accounts and Balance Sheet

Unit V
Branch Accounts Dependant Branches, Departmental Accounts, Insurance Claims Loss of stock

Books for Reference:
1. Mukerjee and Hanif, Advanced Accountancy, Tata McGraw Hills, New Delhi, 2010
2. Gupta&Radhaswamy, Advanced Accountancy, Sultan Chand &Sons, New Delhi, 2009
3. Iyengar SP, Advanced Accounting, Sultan Chand & sons New Delhi, 2009
4. Jain &Narang, Advanced Accounting, Kalyani Publishers, New Delhi, 2008
5. Shukla, Advanced Accounting, Sultan chand and sons. New Delhi. 2009

Syllabus B.Com (Computer Application) Madurai Kamaraj University DDE

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in