2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th May 2018, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

Re: M.Tech from IIT Patna

Can you tell me about the admission details for M. Tech in Civil and Infrastructure Engineering program offered by IITP (Indian Institute of Technology Patna)?
11th May 2018, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Re: M.Tech from IIT Patna

M. Tech in Civil and Infrastructure Engineering program under the aegis of Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology Patna intends to be the forefront of imparting engineering education by amalgamating traditional Civil Engineering with modern Infrastructure Engineering.

The program is designed to provide in-depth knowledge in the fundamentals, design, analysis and implementation of solutions for modern-days Civil Infrastructure problems. Moreover, the program intends to emphasize application-oriented and thesis/project-based learning.

Admission

The advertisement of M. Tech programmes is published in newspaper and uploaded on website in the month of March (normally) every year. The specialization of M. Tech programmes in which candidates can apply and other eligibility requirements are also mentioned in the same advertisement.

Admission to all categories of students is granted on the basis of GATE Score/ counselling/ interview/admission test held usually during the month of May - July every year.

The following documents are to be furnished along with the application by candidates falling under Sponsored, Project Staff and Part-time categories:
Form I: Sponsorship letter for Sponsored category.
Form II: No objection certificate from Dean (R&D), IIT Patna, for Project Staff category
Form III: No objection certificate from the employer for Part-time category.

Course Curriculum:

First Semester

Course Number Course Title
CE451 Sustainable Urban Planning
CE453 Construction Technology and Management
5 Elective-I
CE5 Elective-II
CE5 Elective-III
HS513 Technical Communication
CE591 Infrastructure Engineering Lab-I
CE593 Seminar-I

Second Semester