2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th August 2014, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Re: M.Tech Courses for CSE in IIT

Admissions to the M Tech course in the Department of CSE in IIT Kanpur are normally made in the semester starting from July each year. The admission process typically starts some time in April.

Eligibility for Admission

The minimum eligibility conditions for admission to the M Tech are as follows:

The student should have secured a minimum of 55 percent marks or a CPI (Cumulative Performance Index) of 5.5 (on a 10.0 scale) in the qualifying examination.

The student must have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Master's in Science.

The student must have a sufficient background in Computer Science to complete the degree requirements with reasonable performance.

Students who are appearing for the final examination, and whose results are going to be available before the last date of submission of records (usually around 1st September) are also eligible to apply.

The student must have a valid GATE score.

The institute prefers that the GATE score be in Computer Science.

GATE score in Information Technology can also be acceptable.

In rare cases, the institute may call those students for test/interview, who have appeared in GATE in EE, EC, or Maths, and have an exceptionally high score.

Student with GATE in the other subjects must have gained some Computer Science background, and it should be clear from their application.

The above requirements do not necessarily apply for admission of the students under QIP (Quality Improvement Program), Defence Personnel and other sponsored categories.

Admission for IIT Graduates

GATE may not be necessary for students who have done their B Tech from one of the seven IITs.

B Tech graduates from IITs with overall CGPA/CPI being more than 6.5 and CGPA/CPI of last two semesters being more than 8.0 can apply without GATE score.

Such candidates however will get fellowship upon admission only when their overall CGPA/CPI is more than 8.0.

Contact Detail:
Indian Institute Of Technology Kanpur
Nankari, Kalyanpur, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh

Map:
[MAP]https://www.google.co.in/maps?q=IIT+Kanpur,+Nankari,+Kalyanpur,+Kanpur,+Utt ar+Pradesh&hl=en&sll=21.134284,81.671859&sspn=0.35 033,0.591202&oq=iit+kan&hq=IIT+Kanpur,+Nankari,+Ka lyanpur,+Kanpur,+Uttar+Pradesh&t=m&z=14[/MAP]
18th March 2015, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

Will you provide me the syllabus of the M. TECH. Computer Science Engineering course offers by the IIT’s in India as I am looking for the same ?
18th March 2015, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

As you want I am here providing you syllabus of the M. TECH. Computer Science Engineering course offers by the IIT’s in India.

M. TECH. Computer Science Engineering:

I Year I Semester

Advanced Data Structures and Algorithms
Computer System Design
Advanced Operating Systems
Distributed Systems

ELECTIVE – I
Software Process and Management Natural Language ProcPattern Recognition Project essing

ELECTIVE –II

Machine Learning Parallel and Distributed ASoftware Architecture and Design
Advanced Data Structures and Algorithms Lab
Seminar

I year II sem:

Advanced Network Programming
Advanced Databases

Web Services and Service Oriented Archite
Grid and Cloud Computing

Elective -III

Advanced Data Mining Storage Area Networks Database Security
Semantic Web and Social Networks Wireless