2023 2024 Student Forum

2023 2024 Student Forum (https://management.ind.in/forum/)
-   Main Forum (https://management.ind.in/forum/main-forum/)
-   -   M.Sc from Jodhpur National University (https://management.ind.in/forum/m-sc-jodhpur-national-university-244864.html)

Unregistered 6th January 2016 02:14 PM

M.Sc from Jodhpur National University

Hello sir I am student of M.Sc Botany program of Jodhpur National University so please provide me syllabus of this course.

Shaleen 6th January 2016 02:18 PM

Re: M.Sc from Jodhpur National University

1 Attachment(s)
M.Sc Botany at Jodhpur National University is 2 year post graduation course. The detailed information about this course is provided below.

M.Sc program

M.Sc BOTANY

PREVIOUS

PAPER I PLANT ECOLOGY

PAPER II CYTOGENETICS

PAPER III BIOLOGYAND DIVERSITY OF LOWER PLANTS
CRYPTOGAMS

PAPER IV TAXONOMY AND DIVERSITY OF SEED PLANTS

FINAL Year Paper

PAPER V MICROBIOLOGY AND PLANT PATHOLOGY

PAPER VI PLANT DEVELOPMENT AND REPRODUCTION

PAPER VII CELL AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF PLANTS

PAPER VIII BIOTECHNOLOGY, GENETIC ENGINEERING, PLANT
BREEDING AND BIOMETRY

PAPER IX INDUSTRIAL BASED ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES

Syllabus of PAPER I PLANT ECOLOGY

UNIT I

Climate, soil and vegetation patterns of the world: Life zones, major biomes, and major vegetation and soil types of the world. Environment– Holistic environment, factors and their interactions, animals and man

UNIT II

Vegetation organization: Concepts of community and continuum, analysis of communities (analytical and synthetic characters), community coefficients, interspecific associations, ordination, concept of ecological niche. Vegetation development: Temporal changes (cyclic and non- cyclic), mechanism of ecological
succession (relay floristic and initial floristic composition, facilitation, tolerance and inhibition models), changes in ecosystem, properties during succession.

UNIT III

Ecosystem organization: Stucture and functions, primary production (methods of measurement, global pattern, comtrolling factors), energy dynamics (trophic organization, energy flow pathways, ecological efficiencies), litter fall and decomposition (mechanism, substrate quality and climatic factors), global biogeochemical cycles of C, N, P and S, mineral cycles (pathways, processes,
budgets) in terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems. Biological diversity : Concept and levels, role of biodiversity in ecosystem functions and stability, speciation and extinction, IUCN categories of threat, distribution and global patterns, terrestrial biodiversity hot spots, inventory.

UNIT IV

Air, water and soil pollution: Kinds, sources, quality parameters, effects on plants and ecosystems.Climate change : Greenhouse gases (CO2, CH4, N2O, CFCs : sources, trends and role), ozone layer and ozone hole, consequence of climate change (CO2 utilization, global warming, sea level rise, UV radiation), carbon sequenstration.

UNIT V

Ecosystem stability: Concept (resistance and resilience), ecological perturbations (natural and anthropogenic) and their impact on plants and ecosystems, ecology of plant invasion, environmental impact assessment, ecosystem restoration. Ecological management : Concepts, sustainable development, sustainability indicators, role of International Union for Conservation of Nature & Natural Resources (IUCN), World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), UNEP, UNESCO, IGBP etc.

Now I am providing you complete pdf file of syllabus of M.Sc Botany Program at Jodhpur National University.