2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th April 2018, 06:53 AM
Unregistered

Re: M.Sc Botany Syllabus Kota University

I want the syllabus of M.Sc Botany program of University Of Kota, Kota so will you please provide me?
18th April 2018, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

Re: M.Sc Botany Syllabus Kota University

I am providing you the syllabus of M.Sc Botany program of University Of Kota, Kota

University Of Kota M.Sc Botany syllabus

I Year : I Semester

Paper-B-01 BIOLOGY & DIVERSITY OF LOWER PLANTS: CRYPTOGAMS
Paper-B-02 BIOCHEMISTRY
Paper-B-03 CELLBIOLOGY
Paper-B-04 PLANT PATHOLOGYAND BIOSTATISTICS
Paper-B-05 BOTANY Practical: Duration 10 Hrs.; MM 200, Min 100.
Day 1; 5 Hrs. (B-01 & B-02) and Day 2; 5 Hrs. (B-03 & B-04).

I Year : II Semester

Paper-B-06 IMMUNOLOGY AND MICROBIOLOGY
Paper-B-07 TAXONOMY & DIVERSITY OF SEED PLANTS
Paper-B-08 GENETICS and CYTOGENETICS
Paper-B-09 PLANT PHYSIOLOGY AND METABOLISM
Paper-B-10 BOTANY Practical: Duration 10 Hrs; MM 200, Min 100.
Day 1; 5 Hrs (B-06 & B-07) and Day 2; 5 Hrs (B-08 & B-09)

Paper-B-01 : BIOLOGY AND DIVERSITY OF LOWER PLANTS: CRYPTOGAMS

Unit I

Phycology : Algae in diversified habitats (terrestrial, freshwater, marine) thallus organization, cell
ultrastructure, reproduction (vegetative, asexual, sexual) criteria for classification of algae; pigments,
reserve
food, flagella, modern classification. Salient features of Protochlorophyta, Chlorophyta, Charophyta,
Xanthophyta, Bacillariophyta. Phaeophyta and Rhodophyta, with special reference to Microcystis,
Hydrodictyon, Drapernaldiopsis, Cosmarium, algal blooms, algal biofertilizers: algae as food, feed
and use inindustry.

Unit-II

Mycology : General character of fungi, substrate relationship in fungi, cell ultrastructure, unicellular
and multicellular organization, cell wall compsition, nutrition (sapropili, biotrophic, symbiotic),
heterothallism,
heterokaryosis, parasexuality, recent trends in classification, phylogeny of fungi.

Unit-III

General account of Mastigomycotina, Zygomycotina, Ascomycotina, Basidiomycotina,
Deuteromycotina, with special reference to Pilobolus, Chaetomium, Morchella, Melampsora,
Polyporus, Drechslera & Phoma, fungi in industry medicine and as food, Mycorrhizae, fungi as
biocontrol agents.
Unit-IV
Bryophyta : Morphology, structure, reproduction and life history, distribution, classification, general
account of Sphaerocarpales. Economic and ecological importance.
Unit-V
Pteriodophyta : Morphology, anatomy and reproduction, classification; evolution of stele;
heterospory and origin of seed habit; general account of fossil pteriodophyta; introduction to
Psilplosida, Lycopsida, Sphenopsida and Pteropsida; with special reference to Lycopodium,
Gleichenia, Pteris, Isoetes & Ophioglossum.

Paper-B-02 : BIOCHEMISTRY

UNIT I

1. Introduction: Basic chemical concepts: a study of the chemical bonds and functional groups.
2. Biocatalysts : Classification and nomenclature of the enzymes; nature of enzymes, enzyme
specificity; factors affecting enzyme activity; enzymatic and non-enzymatic catalysts;
coenzymes and their functions. Enzymes and prosthetic groups.
3. Energy considerations: Biological oxidation & reduction. Fundamental reactions of
biological oxidation; redox potential and electron transport system.
UNIT II
1. Carbohydrate Classification, structure, general properties and functions of polysaccharides
and complex carbohydrates; amino sugars, proteoglycans and glycoproteins.
2. Lipids Classification, structure, properties and functions of fatty acids, essential fatty acids,
fats, phospholipids, sphingolipids, cerebrocides, steroids, bile acids, prostaglandins, lipoamino
acids, lipoproteins, proteolipids, phosphatidopeptides, lipopolysaccharides.
3. Nucleic acids Classification, structure, properties and functions of nucleic acids. Primary,
secondary and tertiary structure of nucleic acids, DNA forms and conformations, Denaturation of DNA.

UNIT III

1. Proteins Peptide synthesis: chemical and Merrifield synthesis. Primary (peptide
conformation, N- and C- terminal, peptide cleavage), Secondary (α-helix, sheet, random coil,
Ramachandran plot), Tertiary and Quaternary structures of proteins.
2. Vitamins Classification, structure, properties and functions of vitamins.
3. Hormones Classification, structure, properties and functions of Hormones.

UNIT IV

1. Metabolic pathways of protein (General reactions of amino acid metabolism -Transamination, decarboxylation, oxidative & non-oxidative deamination of amino acids.)
2. Metabolic pathways of carbohydrates (Glycolysis, various forms of fermentations in microorganisms, citric acid cycle, its function in energy generation and biosynthesis of energy rich
bond, pentose phosphate pathway and its regulation. Gluconeogenesis, glycogenesis and
glycogenolysis, glyoxylate and Gamma aminobutyrate shunt pathways, Cori cycle, EntnerDoudoroff pathway, glucuronate pathway. Metabolism of disaccharides.)
3. Metabolic pathways of lipids (hydrolysis of tri-acylglycerols, α-, β-, ω- oxidation of fatty
acids. Oxidation of odd numbered fatty acids fate of propionate, role of carnitine, degradation

University Of Kota M.Sc Botany syllabus

Contact-

University Of Kota
Swami Vivekananda Nagar, Near Kabir Circle, MBS Marg, Swami Vivekananda Nagar, Kota, Rajasthan 324 005

For complete syllabus here is the attachment
Attached Files
File Type: pdf University Of Kota M.Sc Botany syllabus.pdf (141.9 KB, 168 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in