2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

2nd May 2015, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

M.Phil In MGKVP

I want to do M.Phil in Sociology from the Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith University so please give me details about the admission procedure of it? Is there any entrance exam for admission in M.Phil course? Also give me details about the fees structure of this course?
Similar Threads
Thread
MGKVP Law
MGKVP Course
MGKVP Admission
MGKVP Phone No
MCA In MGKVP
Mgkvp med
MGKVP Ac
MBA From MGKVP
Mgkvp MBA result
BCA In MGKVP
MGKVP Library
Mgkvp mta
Mba mgkvp
MGKVP M.Phil Syllabus
MBA in MGKVP
MGKVP M Phil Entrance Result
Mgkvp nss
Mgkvp vns
Nss mgkvp
Colleges for M. Phil (English) and Jobs after M. Phil (English) in Tamilnadu
8th May 2018, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Re: M.Phil In MGKVP

Can you provide me the syllabus of M Phil (Doctor of Philosophy) in Economics Program offered by Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith, Varanasi?
8th May 2018, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Re: M.Phil In MGKVP

The syllabus of M Phil (Doctor of Philosophy) in Economics Program offered by Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith, Varanasi is as follows:

M Phil (Economics)

Paper I Research Methods in Economics M.M.:100

UNIT-I

Meaning and objectives of research, significance of research, types of research- Descriptive Vs. Analytical: Applied Vs. Fundamental: Quantitative Vs. Qualitative and Conceptual Vs. Empirical, Criteria of good research, Research methods Vs. Methodology. Defining the Research Problem, Research Proposal or Synopsis- Proforma of Research Proposal

UNIT-II
Research design Meaning, objectives and steps of research design, types of experimental research design, tools and techniques of data collection- questionnaire, schedule, interview and observation methods, Action Research- Objectives and Importance of Action Research, Steps in Action Research

UNIT-III
Sampling fundamental Need for sampling, sample size and its determination, important sampling distribution Processing and analysis of data Some Problems in processing of data, elements/types of data analysis, uses of statistics in economic research.

UNIT-IV
Testing of hypothesis what is hypothesis? Need and importance of hypothesis, Types of hypothesis and errors, Basic concepts concerning testing of hypothesis, procedure for hypothesis testing, students t test, Chi-square test and F ratio test.

UNIT-V
The computer: its role in research, the computer and computer technology. Different applications of computers- working on windows, power point presentation, working on Words and Excel Use of statistical packages in economic research

Recommended Books:
Bajpai, S.R. (1989), Methods of Social Survey and Research, Kitab Ghar, Kanpur
Bhattarai, Keshab (2014), Research Methods for Economists, Hull University
(Dept. of Business Studies)
Ethridge, Don E. (2004), Research Methodology in Applied Economics, WileyBlackwell
Goode, W. J. and Hatt, P.K. (1952), Methods in Social Research, McGraw Hill Co
Gupta, M.L. and D.D. Sharma (2012), Samajik Anusandhan Paddhatiyan, Sahitya
Bhawan Publications, Agra
Kothari, C.R. (2004), Research Methodology: Methods and Techniques, New Age
International Publishers, New Delhi
Mohsin, S.M. (1989), Research Methods in Behavioural Sciences, Orient Longman
Limited, Calcutta
Young, P.V. (1975), Scientific Socia Research and Surveys and Research (4th ed.),
Prentice Hall Inc. New York (Indian Edition)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in