2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th February 2016, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

LEED Net Zero

Hello sir, I am Robin Wayne. I am from New York. I want you to help me by giving me some information about the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification and net zero building. Can you help me?
Similar Threads
Thread
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology LEED
25th February 2016, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Re: LEED Net Zero

The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification developed by the U.S. Green Building Council, and Green Globes, involve check lists that are measurement tools, not design tools.

Inexperienced designers or architects may cherry-pick points to meet a target certification level, even though those points may not be the best design choices for a specific building or climate.

The International Living Future Institute developed the Net Zero Energy Building Certification. Designed as part of the Living Building Challenge, Net Zero Energy Building Certification is simple, cost effective and critical for integrity and transparency.

A zero-energy building, also net zero building, is a building with zero net energy consumption, meaning the total amount of energy used by the building on an annual basis is roughly equal to the amount of renewable energy created on the site.

They do at times consume non-renewable energy and produce greenhouse gases, but at other times reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas production elsewhere by the same amount.

Most zero net energy buildings get half or more of their energy from the grid, and return the same amount at other times.

Buildings that produce a surplus of energy over the year may be called "energy-plus buildings" and buildings that consume slightly more energy than they produce are called "near-zero energy buildings" or "ultra-low energy houses".

The zero net energy consumption principle is viewed as a means to reduce carbon emissions and reduce dependence on fossil fuels and although zero-energy buildings remain uncommon even in developed countries, they are gaining importance and popularity.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in