2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th December 2016, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Is Kurukshetra University better than PTU

I find both Kurukshetra University and I. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University (IKGPTU) are among some of the good institutes of India.

Kurukshetra University

Kurukshetra University is a university established on 11 January 1957. It is a member of Association of Commonwealth Universities.

It offers world-class education to students from throughout India and other countries by providing a learning experience designed to develop intellectual abilities, and social, moral and ethical values.

It is equipping its students with the skills, insights, attitudes and practical experience that will enable them to become discerning citizens.

Its programs combine the enduring value of a liberal arts education with the skills and experience offered by professional departments.

It has 445 teaching faculty members. It also has 457 affiliated colleges and institutes in the Districts of Ambala, Panipat, Kaithal, Yamuna Nagar, Hisar, Fatehabad, Jind, Karnal, Sirsa, Kurukshetra and Panchkula.

Colleges and Schools

Institute of Environmental Studies
University College of Education
University College Kurukshetra
University Senior Secondary Model School
University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Kurukshetra University
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kurukshetra University
Institute of Instrumentation Engineering
Institute of Mass Communication and Media Technology
Institute of Law, Kurukshetra University
In 2013, its University College was placed 6th amongst, India's Best BCA Colleges, in an India Today and Nielsen Company survey.

I. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University (IKGPTU)

I. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University (IKGPTU) (formerly Punjab Technical University (PTU)) is a state university established by an act of State Legislature on 16 January 1997 to promote technical, management and pharmaceutical education in the state of Punjab at the degree level and above.

Being an education and research university, it has a mandate to set up centres of excellence in emerging technologies for promoting training and research & development in these areas.

PTU Campuses
GZS-PTU Campus, Bathinda
PTU Campus, Mohali

Punjab Institute of Technology (PIT)
Punjab Institute of Technology (PIT), Hoshiarpur
Punjab Institute of Technology (PIT), Mansa
Punjab Institute of Technology (PIT), Khunimajra (Mohali)
Punjab Institute of Technology PIT, Rajpura
Punjab Institute of Technology PIT, Kapurthala
Punjab Institute of Technology PIT, Batala

Courses Offered

B. Architecture
B. Pharmacy
B. Tech
M. Architecture
Master of Applied Management
MBA
MBA (Executive)
MBA (International Business)