2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th June 2018, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

Re: Kota University Syllabus B.Com Part 1

I have taken admission in B.Com ABST Course of Kota University. I need syllabus of Part I Course, so do you have any idea from where I can download syllabus of B.Com ABST Part I Course of Kota University?
11th June 2018, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Kota University Syllabus B.Com Part 1

As you want to download syllabus of B.Com ABST Part I Course of Kota University, so here I am providing syllabus:

Kota University B.Com ABST Part I Syllabus:

Paper I- Financial Accounting
Paper II Business Statistics

Paper I- Financial Accounting
Unit-I

Accounting Standards; Ind AS and IFRS, Development and Elementary knowledge
Issue of Shares and Debentures. Issue of Right Shares. Redemption of preference shares Buy-Back of Shares. Demate of Shares, Employees Share Option Scheme and Guidelines of S.E.B.I., Redemption of Debentures.

Unit-II
Purchase of Business. Profit or Loss Prior and Post to incorporation. Underwriting of Shares and Debentures. Preparation of Final Accounts of Company (including managerial Remuneration). Disposal of profits. Capitalization of Profits.

Unit-III
Accounting for Leases. Royalty Accounts. Insurance claims.

Unit-IV
Departmental Accounts. Branch Accounts (including Foreign Branch).

Unit-V
Hire purchase and Instalment Sale Transactions. Ethics in Accounting:- Ethics, its relevance for accounting professionals, Indian Ethos, ICAI Code of conduct, Etementary knowledge.

Suggested Readings:
Anthony R.N. and Reece, J.S., Accounting
Gupta, R.L. and Radhaswamy M : - Financial Accounting ; S. Chand and Co . New Delhi.
Shukla, M.C. Grewal T.S. and Gupta: - Advanced Accounts S Chand & Co. New Delhi.
Jain Khandelwal Pareek: - Financial Accounting.
Punjabi, Goyal, Jain, Tiwari, & Gupta :- Financial Accounting (Ramesh Book Depot Jaipur)
Dr. S.N. Maheshwari; Financial Accounting (Vikas Public House Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi).

Paper II Business Statistics
Unit - I

Meaning and Definition of Statistics, Functions, Importance, Limitations and Distrust of
Statistics. Census and Sampling, Methods of Sampling, Classification and Tabulation of Data, Methods of collections of Primary and Secondary data. Schedule and Questionnaire.
Concept of Measurement Central Tendency-Meaning and Definition, Determination of Statistical Averages.

Unit - II
Measures of Dispersion & Skewness : Meaning & Definition of Dispersion, Objectives &
Importance of Measuring Dispersion, Absolute & Relative measures of Dispersion, Essential characteristics of a good measure of Dispersion, selective of an appropriate measure of
Dispersion, Skewness, difference between Dispersion and Skewness.

Unit - III
Correlation and Regression : Meaning & Definition of Correlation, Types of Correlation,
Methods of Determining Correlation, Measurement of Correlation in Time Series, Lag and Lead in Correlation. Regression Analysis - Concept, Meaning, Utility, Types, Difference between Correlation & Regression, Linear Correlation & Regression Analysis, Standard Error of Estimates, methods of computing regression lines, conceptual frame work and their application in business.

Unit - IV
Index Number-Concept, Utility, Methods, Simple. Weighted Average of Relatives and
Aggregative Index Numbers. Weighted Index number (Including consumer price index
numbers). Fishers Ideal Index Numbers. Base shifting, Deflating, splicing.
Analysis of Time Series - Theorems of Time Series, Decomposition of time series, Analysis of Trend, Application of Time Series in Business.

Unit - V
Intrapolation and Extrapolation (Newtons Advancing difference method, Binomial method,
Langrage method. Association of Attributes Two variables only.

Suggested Readings :
1 Hooda, R.P. : Statistics for Business and Economics, Meemillam, New Delhi
2 Lewen and Rabin : Statistics for management ; Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi
3 J. S. Chandan, Business Statistics (Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kota University B.Com ABST Syllabus.pdf (896.0 KB, 106 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in