2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th June 2015, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Kolhan University BCA Question Papers

As you want I am here providing you sample question paper of the Computer Fundamentals and PC Software subject of the BCA course of the Kolhan University.

Sample paper :

Q. 1. (a) Write four differences between each of the following :
(i) Router and Gateway
(ii) Ring topology and Star topology

(b) What are communication channels in Networking ? List two transmission media. Further, describe any two such features of each that the other one does not have.

(c) Write a step-by-step procedure to do the following activities in WINDOWS-95 :
(i) Add/Remove applications
(ii) Controlling Access to files, folders
(iii) To record, play and edit sound files

(d) Write one feature and one use of each of the following in MS-WORD : (6)
(i) Template Wizards
(ii) Macros
(iii) Tab stops

Q.2. (a) Explain two differences between multiprogramming and multitasking. Also give an example each of a multiprogramming and a multitasking operating system.

(b) What are four measures that one should take to ensure that data does not get corrupted ? Also, mention three measures needed for providing physical security to the computer systems.

Q.3. (a) Write a step-by-step procedure to set up a Screen Saver for WINDOWS. Also, mention how to set up a selected wallpaper for the desktop of WINDOWS.

(b) Write a step-by-step procedure to create a simple presentation using the POWERPOINT package whose slides include a title page (slide), a figure, bulleted text, a bar-graph and an organisation chart.

Q.4. (a) Write the characteristics of RISC architecture.
(b) What is cryptanalysis? Explain the steps involved in cryptanalysis. Further give one example each of random data and non-random data.

Q.5. (a) Write one use each of the following with reference to WNDOWS O/S :
(i) Recycle Bin
(ii) Windows Explorer
(iii) Scandisk
(iv) Control Panel
(v) My Compurer

(b) What is Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) ? Explain two benefits of EDI. Also list four applications of EDI.

Q.
(a) Explain the steps involved, for each of the following in MS-Word:
(i) Changing Document Margins
(ii) Mirror Margins
(iii) Setting Page Margins

(b) What is Circuit Switching? How is it different from Message Switching?

(c) Explain five resources used to manage windows and user-defined objects.

(d) Explain access modes and access time with reference to memory. Also write the three types of access modes.

(e) What is Book Infector? Explain how it affects the system file. Also explain how it can be prevented.

Q.
(a) What is Multimedia? Explain three multimedia tools available with Windows-95.

(b) What is a dial-up? Explain how it is different from cable network.

Q.
(a) What is parallel processing? Also explain the categories of Flynn’s classification.

(b) What are the steps for recording a macro in MS-Word? How does one run a recorded macro?

Q.
(a) What is Network security? Explain two measures than can be adopted for Network security.

(b) What is a magnetic disk? Define ‘optical disk’. List three advantages of an example optical disk over a magnetic disk.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in