2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th February 2016, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

KMML Kollam Project

Hello sir, I am Sanju Samson. I am from Kerala. I want you to help me by providing me some information about the Kerala Minerals and Metals Limited (KMML) Kollam project. Give me some details about it.
Similar Threads
Thread
Annual Report Of KMML
Details Of KMML
KMML Ltd
KMML Home
History of KMML
KMML Report
MD of KMML
Vision and mission of KMML
KMML Job Vacancy
KMML Profit
KMML MBA Project
KMML job offers
KMML worker
The KMML Ltd
Kmml md
KMML Manufacturing
KMML Pay Scale
Trainee in KMML
Board of Directors of KMML
Vacancy in KMML
25th February 2016, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Re: KMML Kollam Project

Kerala Minerals and Metals Ltd is a type an integrated titanium dioxide manufacturing public sector undertaking.
It was formed in the year 1932.
It is located in Kollam, Kerala, India.
Its products are:
Titanium Dioxide, Titanium Sponge, Titanium Pigment

As you have asked about the KMML Kollam project, I am giving you some information about it

KMML has taken a big leap into aerospace industry and defence application with the commission of 500TPY Titanium Sponge Plant.

The Defence Metallurgical Research Laboratory (DMRL under DRDO) developed the process of sponge production after twenty years of continuous R&D and established an experimental facility at Hyderabad.

By the Commissioning of KMML TSP India has become the 7th country in the world to have the technology to make Titanium Sponge.

The project is fully funded by Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC under ISRO) and the sponge produced will be used for their aerospace applications.

In light of the successful commissioning of Titanium Sponge Plant, the suitability of DMRL technology for the proposed 10000 TPY Titanium Sponge Plant near KMML is under active consideration.

Now KMML has signed a memorandum of understanding with Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) for a ` 5,000-crore joint venture for manufacturing titanium sponge.

Our future plans consist of Mg recovery from MgCl2 (by product) intended to setup an experimental facility at KMML, funded by VSSC with technical backup from DMRL and enhancement of present capacity from 500 MT to 1000MT for Defence Production requirement

Kerala Minerals & Metals Ltd. (A Government of Kerala Undertaking),
Sankaramangalam, Chavara,
Kollam, Kerala, India - 691 583,
Tel: +91 476 2686722 to 2686733
Fax: +91 476 2680101, 2686721

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in