2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th February 2016, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

Kinds of RUM

Hello sir, I am Peter Parker. I am from Mexico. I want you to help me by providing me some information about the different kinds of rums. Can you help me?
Similar Threads
Thread
Kinds of MBA
TOEFL Kinds
Pollution And Its Kinds
Kinds of MBA courses
Different Kinds of Vodka
Kinds Of State Bank Of India
25th February 2016, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Kinds of RUM

As you have asked details about the kinds of rums, I am giving you some information about it
Dark rums, also known by their specific colour, such as brown, black, or red rums, are classes a grade darker than gold rums. They are usually made from caramelized sugar or molasses.
They are usually aged longer, in heavily charred barrels, giving them much stronger flavours than either light or gold rums, and hints of spices can be detected, along with a strong molasses or caramel overtone

Flavoured rums are imbued with flavours of fruits, such as banana, mango, orange, citrus, coconut, starfruit or lime. These are normally less than 40% ABV [80 proof]. They mostly serve to flavour similarly-themed tropical drinks but are also often drunk neat or with ice.

Gold rums, also called "amber" rums, are medium-bodied rums that are generally aged. These gain their dark colour from aging in wooden barrels (usually the charred, white oak barrels that are the by-product of Bourbon whiskey).

Light rums, also mentioned to as "silver" or "white" rums, in general, have very little flavor aside from a general sweetness. Light rums are sometimes filtered after aging to remove any colour

Overproof rums are much higher than the standard 40% ABV [80 proof], with many as high as 75% [150 proof] to 80% [160 proof] available. One example is Bacardi 151 or Pitorro moonshine. They are frequently used in mixed drinks.

Premium rums, as with other sipping spirits such as Cognac and Scotch, are in a special market category. These are commonly from boutique brands that sell carefully produced and aged rums. They have more appeal and flavour than their "mixing" counterparts and are generally consumed straight.

Spiced rums obtain their flavours through the addition of spices and, sometimes, caramel. Most are darker in colour, and based on gold rums. Some are significantly darker, while many cheaper brands are made from inexpensive white rums and darkened with caramel colour. Among the spices added are cinnamons, rosemary, absinthe/aniseed, or pepper.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in