2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

9th August 2018, 07:53 AM
Unregistered

Re: Kalasalingam University Biotechnology

I am planning to join Department of Biotechnology of Kalasalingam University (KLU) searching for some details about this department. Will you provide me list of research groups available in Kalasalingam University Biotechnology department also provide me list of completed projects?
9th August 2018, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Kalasalingam University Biotechnology

The Department of Biotechnology, one of the vibrant departments of Kalasalingam University (KLU), had its humble beginnings in the year 2002 with its offering of a 4-year undergraduate program in Biotechnology.
Research Groups

Infectious and inflammatory diseases
Biocatalysis and Bioprocess Engineering
Plant Virology and Plant Genetic Engineering
Neurophysiology
Environmental Engineering and Biotechnology
Animal Biotechnology

List of projects done by university:

COMPLETED PROJECTS

Sl. No: Title of the Project Funding Agency Project Cost (Rs.)
1 Molecular Mechanisms of Vascular Permeability in Diabetic Retinopathy :PEDF is an anti Permeability agent DBT 5,26,000
2 Studies of Molecular mechanism of PEDF and VEGF in Diabetic retinopathy ICMR 14,16,923
3 Studies on Molecular Mechanism of Erythropoietin in diabetic retinopathy DST 12,36,000
4 Scale up of polyhydroxyalkanoates production from indigenous isolates and its applications DBT 16,13,000
5 Biosynthesis and Characterization of Silver Nanoparticles, A Potential New Therapeutic Approach CSIR 8,96,167
6 Gold nanoparticles: Burgeoning Therapeutic molecules for proliferative diabetic retinopathy DST 40,04,800

The Head of the Department,
Department of Biotechnology,
Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education (KARE),
Krishnankoil 626 126,
Mail: klu_biotech@gmail.com

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in