2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st June 2015, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

JNU Life

I am going to take admission in the Jawaharlal Nehru University and before it I would like to know about the life at the university. I heard that student of JNU written the artcle on the Life in JNU. Please share the article on the Life in JNU Part 1 and letter series?
Similar Threads
Thread
Life after NDA
Life MBA
Life after MBA
Life after MBA from IIM
Life at JNU
SBI Life
Affordable Life Insurance Liberty National Life Insurance Company
Life after MBA in USA
Life After SBI PO
Useful Life of RTU
Life after MBA in UK
MBA day in the life
Your life MBA.com
Mid life MBA
Life in MBA
Life of SSC CGL
Life in IAF
SBI Life NAV As On
IRDA, Insurance Institute of India, Associateship (Life and non-Life) Exam Question P
CIF Sbi Life
11th July 2018, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Re: JNU Life

Hello sir, is the Jawaharlal Nehru University provides comfortable life during study in Jawaharlal Nehru University? Please provide me facilities in Jawaharlal Nehru University?
11th July 2018, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Yes life at Jawaharlal Nehru University is very innovative. The Jawaharlal Nehru University is provides hostel facility to its students.

The University hostel system includes 18 Hostels for Boys and Girls and one complex accommodating married student.

These are spacious, well-furnished hostels. Apart from hygienic foods, hostels provides recreational facilities includes TVs, indoor games, health Club, and PCOs etc. Each hostel has its live-in wardens, a member of faculty who administers the hostels.

Hostel charges:

Current Hostel Charges are as follows

Current Hostel Charges in Rs.
Admission Fee 5
Hostel Security(refundable) 50
Mess Security (Refundable) 750.00
Mess Advance (Adjustable) 750.00
Newspapers (Annual) 15
Crockery,Utensils etc. 50

Research Facilities:

Central Instrumentation Facility
Recombinant Product Development Facility of GLP standard
Spectroscopic Facility
Microcalorimetric Facility
Microscopic Facility
Protein production and purification Facility
Biosafety Level 3 Facility

Programme:

Summer School
Winter School
Workshop
National Symposium
Skill Development

Address:

School of Life Sciences,
Jawaharlal Nehru University
New Delhi 110067
Attached Files
File Type: doc JNU summer school life.doc (48.0 KB, 56 views)
24th July 2018, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

Can you tell me about the Hostel Life in JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University), New Delhi as I am planning to admit my daughter in it, please help me with this?
24th July 2018, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

The JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University), New Delhi hostel system includes 18 Hostels for Boys and Girls and one complex accommodating married student. These are spacious, well-furnished hostels.

Apart from hygienic foods, hostels provide recreational facilities include TVs, indoor games, health Club, and PCOs etc. Each hostel has its live-in wardens, a member of faculty who administers the hostels.

Admission Policy

One will be required to apply in the prescribed application form obtainable from the Dy. Registrar (Inter Hall Administration) Office of the Dean of Students from 15th July onwards.

The application forms received after the last date will be considered by the Dean of Students as he deems fit. Admission in the hostel is in accordance with the merit secured in the Entrance Examination held by the University in the respective programmes of study.

Up to 22.5% (15% for SC and 7.5% for ST, (interchangeable, if necessary) and 3% of the seats in the hostels are reserved for the SC/ST and Physically Handicapped candidates respectively.

All SC students except residents of Delhi will be provided hostel. The SC/ST/PH students are exempted from payment of hostel fee (room rent). This is applicable only to those SC/ST/PH students who are not in receipt of fellowships/ scholarships and whose parents/guardians income is under Rs. 75,000/- per annum.

Name of Hostel Hostel capacity

Brahmaputra (boys) 386
Chandrabhaga (boys & girls) 204
Ganga (girls) 342
Godavari (girls) 344
Jhelum (boys) 307
Kaveri (boys) 343
Koyna (girls) 544
Lohit (boys & girls) 303
Mahi/Mandavi (boys) 349
Mahanadi (MRSH) (married students) 86
Narmada (boys) 208