2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Jobs

19th July 2018, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

Re: Jharkhand Rai University Syllabus

Can you provide me the syllabus of Diploma in Civil Engineering Sem I offered by Jharkhand Rai University as I need it for preparation of the examination?
19th July 2018, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Jharkhand Rai University Syllabus

The syllabus of Diploma in Civil Engineering Sem I offered by Jharkhand Rai University is as follows:

Unit I
Introduction Characteristics of Computer, Evolution of Computer, Capabilities and Limitations of Computer, Generations of Computer, Types of Computer(micro, mini, mainframe, supercomputer), Block Diagram of Computer,

Unit II
Basic components of a Computer system input unit, output unit, arithmetic and logic unit, control unit, central processing unit, processors, Memory main memory organization, main memory capacity, RAM, ROM, EPROM, PROM, Cache Memory. Input Devices- Keyboard Direct Entry: Card readers, scanning devices (BAR CODE, OMR, MICR), Voice input devices, Light pen, Mouse, Touch Screen, Digitizer, Scanner. Output Devices- Printers- Impact and Non-impact printers CRT, LCD, CD-WRITTER, ZIP DRIVE, DVD Introduction to Web Camera, modem

Unit III
Computer Software Definition of software, Types of software, System Software, Operating System, Compilers, Interpreters, Assemblers, Linkers, Loaders, Programming Languages etc.
Business Data Processing- Data Processing; File Management System: File Types, File Organization, File Utilities; Database Management System: Database Models, Main Components of a DBMS, Creating and Using a Database

Unit IV
Data Communication and Computer Networks - Data Transmission mode, Data transmission media, What is computer Network, Network types, Network Topologies, Communication Protocol, OSI Model, The Internet, Definition, Brief History, Basic Services, Email, File Transfer Protocol, Telnet, Internet Search Tools, World Wide Web, WWW Browsers Uses of the Internet, Internet Service Providers and Types of Internet Connection Direct/Leased line Connection, Remote Dial up Connection, SLIP/PPP Connection.

Suggested Reading:
1. Computer Fundamentals by B.Ram, New Age Int.
2. Computer Fundamentals by P.K Sinha, Priti Sinha, Publisher Kalyani Publishers, 2nd Edition, 2003.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in