2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th December 2012, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Jawaharlal Nehru technological university MCA

As you want to know about the syllabus of Jawaharlal Nehru technological university MCA so here I am giving you the information for that:

Some content of the file has been given here:

ENGLISH LANGUAGE COMMUNICATION SKILLS
C PROGRAMMING AND DATA STRUCTURES
DIGITAL LOGIC AND COMPUTER SYSTEMS ORGANIZATION 4
DISCRETE STRUCTURES AND GRAPH THEORY
PROBABILITY AND STATISTICAL APPLICATIONS
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
DIGITAL LOGIC AND COMPUTER SYSTEMS ORGANIZATION LAB

For more information I am uploading a PDF file which is free to download:
11th October 2013, 01:01 PM
virender kumar

I want to take admission in Jawaharlal Nehru technological university MCA so want to know the syllabus of MCA so can you provide me as it is urgent for me
22nd February 2015, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in MCA course of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada, please forward me MCA syllabus of same university?
22nd February 2015, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

As per your request, I am forwarding you Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada MCA syllabus.

I YEAR I SEMESTER M.C.A

UNIT I:
Features of Indian English - Correction of sentences - Structures - Tenses - ambiguity - idiomatic distortions.

UNIT II:
Informal conversation Vs Formal expression Verbal and non-verbal communication, barriers to effective communication – kinesics

UNIT III:
Types of Communication - - Oral, aural, Writing and reading - Word-Power - Vocabulary- Jargon - rate of speech, pitch, tone - Clarity of voice

UNIT IV:
Technical presentations - types of presentation –video conferencing-- participation in meetings - chairing sessions.

UNIT V:
Formal and informal interviews – ambiance and polemics - interviewing in different settings and for different purposes e.g., eliciting and giving information, recruiting, performance appraisal.

UNIT VI:
Written communication - differences between spoken and written communication - features of effective writing such "as clarity, brevity, appropriate tone clarity, balance etc.- GRE. TOEFL models

UNIT VII:
Letter-writing - business letters – pro forma culture - format - style – effectiveness, promptness - Analysis of sample letters collected from industry - email, fax.

UNIT VIII:
Technical Report writing - Business and Technical Reports – Types of reports - progress reports, routine reports - Annual reports - format - Analysis of sample reports from industry - Synopsis and thesis writing

REFERENCE BOOKS:
Essentials of Business Communication, Rajendra Pal,
J S KorlahaHi , Sultan Chand & Sons,
Basic Communication Skills for Technology, Andrea J
Rutherford, Pearson Education Asia,Advanced Communication Skills, V. Prasad, Atma Ram Publications.
Business Communication, Theory & Application .Raymond . Lesikav, John D. Pettit Jr. All India Traveller Bookseller
Business Communication, RK Madhukar, Vikas Publishing House Pvt Ltd
English. for Technical Communication – vols I & 2.,K R Lakshminarayana. SCITECH Publications
Edmond H Weiss: Writing Remedies: Practical Exercises for Technical Writing, Universities Press
Cliffs Test Prep for GRE and TOEFL, Computer Based Test, IDG Books.
GRE and TOEFL, Kaplan and Baron's
English in Mind, Herbert Puchta and Jeff Stranks, Cambridge

UNIT I
Introduction to Computers, Some novice HW and SW concepts, Algorithm / pseudo code, flowchart, program development steps, Introduction to various IDE’s and their use in C program development, structure of C program, A Simple C program, identifiers, basic data types and sizes, Constants, variables, arithmetic, relational and logical operators, increment and decrement operators, conditional operator, bit-wise operators, as
signment operators, expressions, type conversions, conditional expressions, precedence and order of evaluation. Control structures such as if, goto , labels, and switch statements.

UNIT II
Loops- while, do-while and for statements, break, continue, programming examples.
Arrays - concepts, declaration, definition, accessing elements, storing elements, Strings and string manipulations, 1-D arrays other than strings, 2-D character arrays –2-D arrays other than character arrays – Multidimensional arrays– Practical examples to expose Engineering problems

UNIT III
Functions, basics, parameter passing, storage classes- extern, auto, register, static, scope rules, block structure, user defined functions, standard library functions, recursive functions, header files, C pre-processor, example c programs.
Passing 1-D arrays, 2-D arrays , and functions.

UNIT IV
Pointers- concepts, initialization of pointer variables, pointers and function arguments, passing by address –dangling memory, dangling memory, address arithmetic, Character pointers and functions, pointers to pointers, pointers and multidimensional arrays, dynamic memory managements functions, command line arguments, C program examples.

UNIT V
Derived types- structures- declaration, definition and initialization of structures, accessing structures, nested structures, arrays of structures, structures and functions, pointers to structures, self referential structures, unions, typedef, bit-fields, Input and output – concept of a file, text files and binary files, Formatted I/o, file I/o operations,
C program examples.

For complete syllabus consider the attachment.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in