2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th July 2018, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Re: Jamia Millia Islamia BA Political Science

Hello sir, Im student of Jamia Millia Islamia BA Political Science. Is there any one can provide me here Jamia Millia Islamia syllabus for BA Political Science?
7th July 2018, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Jamia Millia Islamia BA Political Science

At Jamia Millia Islamia the Bachelor of Arts in Political Science is a 3 year program. In this program apart from subjects related to Politics and governance, students also have to study a minimum of two concurrent papers out of which one is necessarily a language paper.

The structure of the course is such that the students move from general topics of Political Science to specific topics.

The course delivery methods for BA Political Science include lecture, classroom discussion, group and solo-presentation, assignments, quizzes, seminars, debates etc.

Jamia Millia Islamia syllabus for BA Political Science:

Sem. I (Option I): Indian Constitution
Indian Constitution-Sources and Features, Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties and Directive Principles of State Policy.
Union Executive - President, Vice-President, Prime Minister, Council of Ministers; State Executive- Governor, Chief Minister and Council of Ministers.
Union Legislature - Parliament-Composition and Functions; Speaker of Lok Sabha Amendment Process; State Legislature -Vidhan Sabha; Panchayati Raj Institutions-History, Basic Features and 73rd Amendment.
Judiciary-Supreme Court, High Courts, Judicial Review and Judicial Activism

Option II: Principles of Political Science
Political Science: Definition, Nature & Scope; Relation of Political Science with the Social Sciences, Traditional approaches to the study of Political Science.
State: Definition, Elements, Relations with the other organization, Theories of the Origin of State.
Sovereignty: Monist & Pluralist; Concept of Welfare State, Liberty, Equality, Rights & Justice.
Theory & Practice of Govt.: Organs of Government and their relationship, Operational dynamics Political Parties, Pressure Groups and Bureaucracy.

Sem. II (Option-I): Indian Politics
Federalism and its Working with reference to Centre-State Relations, Demand for State Autonomy; Emerging Trends in Indian Federalism
Election Commission, Electoral Process and its Defects and Voting Behaviour, Electoral Reforms, Problem of Defection
Party System in India: National and Regional Political Parties, Interest and Pressure Groups
Role of Caste, Religion, Language, Regionalism in India, Politics of Reservation, Emerging Trends and Challenges Before Indian Political System

Option II: Contemporary Political Science
Modern concerns of Political Science, Behaviourism and Post-Behaviourism
Political Theory: Definition, Scope, Nature, Characteristics, and Decline & Resurgence of Political Theory
Political Socialization, Political Culture, Ideology, and End of Ideology
Post-Modernism, Feminism, Environmentalism, RTI and Consumer Welfare

Sem. III (Option I): Western Political Thinkers I
Plato & Aristotle
St. Augustine and Machiavelli
Hobbes, Locke & Rousseau
Bentham and J.S. Mill

Option II: Indian Political Thinkers I
Raja Ram Mohan Ray & Swami Dayanand
Dada Bhai Narojee & Gopal Krishan Gokhle
Swami Vivekanand & Aurbind Ghosh
Lala Lajpat Rai & Bal Gangadhar Tilak

Sem. IV (Option I): Western Political Thinkers II
Hegal and Karl Marx
Lenin and Mao-Tse-Tung
GDH Cole and Harold Laski
John Rowls and Robert Nozik

Option II: Indian Political Thinkers II
J.P. Narayan & Ram Manohar Lohia
Mahatma Gandhi & M.N, Roy
Jawaharlal Nehru & B,R,Ambedkar
Subhash Chander Bose & Bhagat Singh

Sem. V (Option I): Comparative Politics (Theory)
Comparative Politics-Definition, Scope; Traditional & Modern Concerns; Comparative Methods
Approaches to the Study of Comparative Politics: Input-Out (David Easton), Structural- Function (G. Almond), Political Development (Lucian W. Pye), Political Culture (G. Almond)
Constitutionalism: History, Nature, Type and Problem in Modern Times
Constitutional Structure: (a) Formal-Executive, Legislation and Judiciary, (b) Informal Structures Political Parties and Pressure Groups

Option II: International Relations (Theory)
Definition, Nature, Scope and Development of the International Relations; and Autonomy Debate regarding International Relations
Approaches to the Study of International Relations: Idealist, Realist; System and Marxist- Leninist
National Power: Definition, Elements & Assessment; Limitation of Power: International Law, International Morality and World Public Opinion
Major Concepts: Balance of Power, Collective Security, Environmentalism and Globalisation

Sem. VI (Option I): Comparative Constitutions of UK & USA
Evolution, Conventions, Legacies and Basic features of Constitutions of UK & USA; Socio- Economic basis of Constitutions of UK & USA
Comparative Study of Executive, Legislation and Judiciary System of UK & USA
Comparative studies of Structures, Functions and roles of political parties and pressure groups of UK & USA
Electoral Processes, Voting Behaviour, Bureaucracy and Recent Trends of the working of the systems of UK & USA

Option II: International Organization
Evolution and Growth of International Organization: League & UN System. Comparison between League and UN Systems
Organs of the United Nations
Working of UN towards Peace: Peace-Making, Peace-Enforcement, Peace-Building and Peace- Keeping
UN & Disarmament; Democratization of UN and Indias Claim for Permanent Seat; and Assessment of UN

Here is PDF for Jamia Millia Islamia syllabus for BA Political Science:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Jamia Millia Islamia syllabus for BA Political Science.pdf (545.5 KB, 103 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in