2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd March 2016, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Jamia B Ed Entrance Exam

Jamia Millia Islamia is a public central university located in Delhi.

It was established at Aligarh in United Provinces, India during British rule in 1920. It became a Central University by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1988

JMI B.Ed. Entrance Qualification

Bachelor’s Degree with not less than 50% marks (except B.A./ B.Sc. Vocation courses).
OR
Bachelor’s Degree with not less than 45% marks except B.A./ B.Sc. (vocational) courses AND at least 50% marks in Master’s Degree Examination in any School teaching subjects.

Applicants for teaching of Commerce must possess a Master’s Degree in Commerce with at least 50% marks.

You must have passed at least two teaching subjects at graduation/ post graduation level.

Admission Procedure :

The selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of Written Test of 170 Marks followed by Interview of 30 Marks.

Written Test for B. Ed. Will comprise of following three parts: There is a negative marking.

Part I General Ability Test : 75 Marks
Part II Language Proficiency test : 35 Marks
Part III Subject Comprehension Test : 60 Marks

A minimum of 33% marks in each part of the Test is necessary to be called for interview.

Part-I – General Ability Test :
General Ability Test will consist of multiple choice items only. The test will be constructed in English medium only. The areas covered in the test are:
General Intelligence : 25 Marks
General Awareness : 25 Marks
Teaching Aptitude : 25 Marks

Part-II – Language Proficiency Test:
(i) A candidate has to take a Language Proficiency Test in the language he/ she has opted as medium of instruction viz. English or Hindi or Urdu.
(ii) Language Proficiency Test will consist of objective type and short answer type questions. B. Ed. students are divided into sections made on the basis of medium of instructions. On Admission a candidate will be allotted a section for which he/ she has taken the Language Proficiency Test.

Part-III – Subject Comprehension Test:
(i) A candidate has to take subject proficiency test in subject he/she has applied for.
(ii) The test will consist of 60 multiple choice test items.
(iii) The test will be constructed in English except for the languages. However, test in Arabic and Persian will be in Urdu only.
iv) The test in this paper will cover content up to graduation level.

Exam Subjects

General English Comprehension
Logical & Analytical Reasoning
Educational & General Awareness
Teaching-Learning & the School
Science
Mathematics
Social Studies
English

Address:

Jamia Millia Islamia

Jamia Nagar, Okhla, New Delhi,