2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th June 2012, 09:38 AM
sandeep shinde

IPS Review Sourcefire

I need the detailed information about the IPS Review Sourcefire. Can you give me the information about it and please give it to me as soon as possible.
Similar Threads
Thread
Itm MBA review
Review aib MBA
RIT MBA review
Ie MBA review
UND MBA Review
ODU MBA Review
PSG MBA Review
IUP MBA review
MBA vs JD Review
UWS MBA Review
UTS MBA Review
Iwu mba review
UTM MBA Review
CMR MBA Review
RGU MBA Review
IUS MBA Review
Pup MBA review
Jmu MBA review
Lmu MBA review
Tsm MBA review
28th June 2012, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IPS Review Sourcefire

According to SC Magazine, “The Sourcefire Next-Generation IPS v4.9 is a distributed appliance-based offering modeled on the Snort detection engine. It is part of the Sourcefire 3D System that provides a suite of tools for delivering real-time user and network awareness. The Sourcefire Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) is one of the components of the Sourcefire 3D System that runs on the 3D Sensor. IPS allows one to monitor a network for attacks that can affect the availability, integrity or confidentiality of hosts on the network. By placing 3D Sensors on key network segments, one can examine the packets that traverse the network for malicious activity. Each 3D Sensor uses rules, decoders and preprocessors to look for the broad range of exploits that attackers can develop.

A typical Sourcefire IPS deployment consists of one or more physical Defense Center management console appliances deployed on a trusted network and multiple physical IPS appliances distributed throughout the environment. The appliance can be installed in either a passive, inline, or inline with fail-open deployment option. IPS and Defense Center appliances also can be deployed as software on VMware vSphere and open source Xen hosts to monitor VM-to-VM traffic.”

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in