2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th April 2016, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Ios xr

Hey buddy my name is Ritcik and I’m looking for the details about IOS XR that runs Cisco system devices for that will you please help me?
7th April 2016, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Ios xr

Ya sure buddy I will help you here to get the details about IOS XR that runs Cisco system devices so that you can have idea about them.

The IOS XR is a train of Cisco Systems' widely deployed Internetworking Operating System (IOS), used on their high-end carrier-grade routers such as the CRS series, 12000 series, and ASR9000 series.

According to Cisco's product literature, IOS XR shares very little infrastructure with the other IOS trains, and is instead built upon a "preemptive, memory protected, multitasking, microkernel-based operating system". The microkernel is provided by QNX

IOS XR aims to provide the following advantages over the earlier IOS trains:

Improved high availability (largely through support for hardware redundancy and fault containment methods such as protected memory spaces for individual processes and process restartability)

Better scalability for large hardware configurations (through a distributed software infrastructure and a two-stage forwarding architecture)

A package based software distribution model (allowing optional features such as multicast routing and MPLS to be installed and removed while the router is in service)

The ability to install package upgrades and patches (potentially while the router remains in service)

A web-based GUI for system management (making use of a generic, XML management interface)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in