2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th April 2016, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Integral University Exam Paper

As you have asked about the Integral University previous year exam paper of B.Tech 3rd Semester Civil Engineering Fluid Mechanics subject, I am providing you with it, check below for the details
Attempt any Four of the following questions: 5 x 4 = 20

(a) Differentiate between the following:
(i) Surface tension and capillarity.
(ii) Centre of gravity and centre of pressure.
(iii) Stable and unstable equilibrium conditions for floating body.

(b) A U-tube is made up of two capillaries of diameters 0.4mm and 0.6mm respectively. The tube is filled with a liquid having surface tension as 0.073N/m and zero contact angle. The tube is held vertical. If the difference in the level of two menisci is 12mm, find the mass density of the liquid.

(c) If a circular plate and a square plate of same diametr and side "D" m are lying vertically in such a way that their centres are "D" m below the free water surface. Find out the ratio between the total pressure and centre of pressure between the circular plate and the square plate.

(d) Oil of specific gravity 0.85 is filled in the space between two parallel plates 6mm apart. The bottom plate is stationary and the top plate is moving with a velocity of 0.25cm/s under the influence of a force of 10N. Size of plate is 3cmx5cm. Calculate the kinematic viscosity of the oil

(e) Explain hydrostatic paradox with neat sketches.

(f) A fluid layer consists of
(i) oil of specific gravity 0.85 and depth 3m
(ii) mercury of specific gravity 13.6 and depth 2m
(iii) water of depth 5m.
Calculate:
(i) the pressure at mercury-water junction.
(ii) the pressure at oil water junction.
Integral university Previous Exam paper

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in