2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd December 2014, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Instrumentation Engineer Job Interview Questions

As you want I am here providing you the me list of Questions asked in Interview for a Instrumentation Engineer job.

List of Questions:
How do you identify an orifice in the pipeline?

What are different types of orifice plates? State their uses.

Why is the orifice tab provided?

Explain Bernoulli’s theorem. State its application.

How is flow measured in square root?

How can a D.P. transmitter be calibrated?

Name different parts of a pressure gauge. Explain the use of hair spring in the pressure gauge.

What is a process variable, set-point, Zero error?

What is the need for used 4-20mA signal and why is 0-10V signal not used?

Different Types of Control systems?

Difference between PLC and DCS.

. Classification of Feedback Control system.

What are the three Laws of Thermocouples?

Which is best flow meter to measure the flow of fluids?

What is Instrumentation Engineering and what it is about?

For more here is the attachment.

Instrumentation Engineer Job Interview Questions
22nd November 2015, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

Hii Buddy ,Here I am searching for previous year Technical Interview Questions for Instrumentation Engineering , So can you plz Provide me for my help ?
22nd November 2015, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Friend as per your demand Here I am providing previous year Technical Interview Questions for Instrumentation Engineering :

1. For what purpose Pirani gauge is used? Ans. Low pressure measurement.

2. Psi stands for ____? Ans. Pounds per square inch.

3. Low pressure is expressed in ________? Ans. Torr.

4. What is the disadvantage of orifice meter & why they are preferred in the industries? Ans. It gives a permanent pressure loss but due to their low cost they are preferred in the industries.

5. Bolometer is used as ________? Ans. Radiation detector.

6. Stroboscope is used for the measurement of____? Ans. Angular velocity.

7. Electromagnetic flow meter is not suitable for which kind of fluids? Ans. Non conductive fluids.

8. What is measurement? Ans. It is an act of comparison between the unknown quantity and the standard resulting in knowing the magnitude of the unknown quantity in terms of the standard being used for the purpose of comparison.

9. What is an instrument? Ans. It facilitates this process of comparison.

10. What is the difference between accuracy & precision? Ans. Accuracy: it is the degree of closeness with which an instrumentation reading approaches to the true value of the quantity being measured. Precision: it is a measure of reproducibility.

11. What is an embedded system? Ans. A microcontroller based system designed for a specific task.

12. What are the various criteria of choosing of microcontroller? Ans. memory, power consumption, packaging, market availability, speed of operation.

13. H-bridge is used for? Ans. For bidirectional control of DC motor.

14. Damping mechanism used in PMMC is _____? Ans. Eddy current damping.

15. What are the other name of multiplexer and demultiplexer? Ans. Multiplexer: Data selector Demultiplexer: Data Distributer

16. What is ring counter? Ans. Counter based on register.

17. What is the difference between RACE condition and RACE Around condition? Ans. RACE condition occurs in SR-FF and RACE Around condition occurs in JK-FF.

18. What is the difference between Latch and flip-flop? Ans. Latch with clock pulses is called as flip flop.

19. What is a worldwide standard of 1 volt? Ans. Saturated Weston cell with E=1.01864 volts.

20. Why damping torque is required in an indicating type of instrument? Ans. To suppress the oscillations of the pointer at steady state position.

21. The material used in the fabrication of control spring in an indicating type of instrument is ____? Ans. Phosphor Bronze.

22. Root locus method is best suitable for finding out which kind of stability of a system? Ans. Relative stability.

23. Lead compensator is used for improving _______? Ans. Transient response of the system.

24. Lag compensator is used for improving _________? Ans. Steady state response.

25. IC family which shows lowest power dissipation_________ ? Ans. CMOS (0.01 mw/gate).

26. What is FOM of IC family? Ans. Speed power product is known as the Figure of Merit (FOM) of every IC family and it should be min.

27. ADC used in Digital Voltmeter is _______? Ans. Dual slope (due to its good conversion accuracy and low cost).

28. What is Static1 Hazard? Ans. If output of a logic circuit should remain constant at High Voltage level (1) but it goes low then we say static1 hazard exist.

29. In order to make a 4-bit parallel adder minimum circuitry required is______? Ans. One half adder and three full adder.

30. If a 10 kHz frequency signal is applied to a T-FF then what will be the frequency of output signal? Ans. 5 kHz.

Here I am uploading pdf file For More details of Technical Interview Questions for Instrumentation Engineering

Technical Interview Questions for Instrumentation Engineering

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in