2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th June 2016, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research Pune

Can you tell me in detail about the M.Phil in Development Studies program offered by Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai as though I live in Pune still want to pursue the course?
Similar Threads
Thread
Indira Gandhi institute of development research address
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development And Research
Indira Gandhi Institute Of Development Research Delhi
Indira Gandhi Institute Of Development Research Goregaon East
Indira Gandhi Institute Of Development Research Bangalore
Indira Gandhi Institute Of Development Research Placements
Mumbai Indira Gandhi Institute Of Development Research
Indira Gandhi Institute Of Development Research Architecture
Indira Gandhi Institute Of Development Research Phd
Indira Gandhi Institute Of Development Research
Indira Gandhi Institute Of Development Research Mumbai Website
Institute Of Hospitality Management Research And Development Pune
Indira Gandhi Institute Of Development Research Mumbai
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research Online Application
Indira Gandhi Institute Of Medical Sciences And Research
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research Mumbai PHD Admission Test
Indira Gandhi Institute Of Development Research Recruitment
Institute of Management Development Research Pune Fee Structure
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research Online Application
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research Pune
4th June 2016, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research Pune

Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai is an advanced research institution established by The Reserve Bank of India in 1987 to carry out research on developmental issues from a multi-disciplinary point of view.

Admission Eligibility:

Minimum qualification for admission to M.Phil includes one of the following degrees or their equivalents:

M.A./M.Sc. in Economics
M.Stat./M.Sc.(Physics or Mathematics or Environmental Science or Operations Research)
M.B.A./M.Tech./ M.E./B.Tech./B.E

With at least 55% aggregate marks for Economics discipline and 60% aggregate marks for other disciplines

One must have studied mathematics at the higher secondary level or should be able to demonstrate equivalent mathematical ability.

Admission is through a set of written tests and interview. The written tests focus on analytical, verbal and mathematical abilities.

One appearing for the final degree exams is also eligible to appear for the IGIDR admission tests.

Course Structure and Duration:

This is a two-year programme.

First Year course work exclusively focuses on the following compulsory courses: Microeconomics-I and II, Macroeconomics-I and II, Statistics and Econometrics-I and II, Mathematics for Economists, and Development Economics.

In the second year, students need to take three additional compulsory courses viz., (i) Indian Economy (ii) Energy and Environment-I and (iii) Public Economics.

In addition, one needs to complete 5 optional courses or four optional courses and a Masters thesis.

List of Possible Optional Courses:

Time Series Analysis I and II, Modern international trade, Natural resource economics, Financial econometrics, Tools for sustainability indicators I & II, Games and information, Industrial organization, Applied general equilibrium models, Issues in industrial economics and corporate finance, Financial economics, Agricultural economics, International trade, Theory of institutions, Special Topics in Microeconomic theory, Contemporary Issues in Human Development and Policy, Energy and Environment – II, Topics in International Economics and Finance, Applied International Trade and Investment, Socio-economic and Policy Issues in Energy & Environment I & II, Issues in Finance and Growth.

Contact Detail:
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research
Gen AK Vaidya Marg,, 5, Film City Rd,
Santosh Nagar, Nagri Niwara Cooperative Housing Society,
Goregaon, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400065

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in