2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Jobs

27th July 2018, 08:18 AM
Unregistered

Re: Indian Institute of Science SATP

Can you tell me about the System Administration Training Programme (SATP) offered by Supercomputer Education and Research Centre (SERC), Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore?
27th July 2018, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Indian Institute of Science SATP

The Supercomputer Education and Research Centre (SERC) is the countrys leading computing centre having the state-of-the art computing facilities, catering to the ever-increasing demands of high performance computing for scientific and engineering research. The supercomputing facility at SERC is a symbiosis of computing, network, graphics, and visualization.

The System Administration Training Programme (SATP) offered by Supercomputer Education and Research Centre (SERC), Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore is designed to expose trainees to advanced computing systems in networked environment and impart on-job training in operation and administration of such systems.

Eligibility
SATP: I class in MCA, M.Sc.(Computer Science) or BE (Computer Science/Information Science/Information Technology/, Electronics Communication/Electrical & Electronics).
JSATP: I class in BCA or B.Sc.(Computer Science).
SC/ST candidates with II class will also be considered.

Selection Procedure
The advertisement comes out during the month of October & May every year.
The selection will be done based on the applicant's background, written test and interview.

Duration and Stipend
Training is for ONE year, one batch commences on February 1 & second batch commences on August 1 every year.
A stipend of Rs. 7,500/- per month for SATP and Rs.6,000/- for JSATP is awarded.
Trainees would be expected to work on any of the three shifts including night shifts and on holidays. No on-campus accommodation will be provided.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in