2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th April 2016, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Indian Institute Of Science Opportunities

I will get the information about the details of Assistant post announced by Indian Institute of Science so that you can have idea about it.

The Institute welcomes applications from exceptionally bright, motivated, with an established record of independent, high quality research, and commitment to teaching, for positions of Assistant Professors and above in all disciplines of interest to the Institute in Science and Engineering.

Eligibility
Have a Ph.D in the relevant area with first class at the preceding degree or equivalent with a very good academic record throughout
Have three years of post-doctoral research experience (relaxable in exceptional cases), and
Be preferably below 35 years of age.

The position of Assistant Professors will be in PB-3 i.e. `15,600-39,100 with minimum pay of `30,000/- with Grade pay `8000/- plus allowances. After completion of three years service in PB-3 they will be placed in PB-4 i.e. `37400-67000 with Grade pay of `9000/- plus allowances.

For higher positions, the prospective candidates, in addition to having a Ph.D in the relevant area, are expected to have made outstanding contributions in the chosen area of research and also guided doctoral students.

The position of Associate Professor will be in PB-4 i.e. `37,400-67,000 with minimum pay of `42,800/- with Grade pay `9500/- plus allowances.

The position of Professor will be in PB-4 i.e. `37,400-67,000 with minimum pay of `48,000/- with Grade pay of `10,500/- plus allowances.

Interested candidates may apply with their
Curriculum Vitae, list of publications (with reprints of important publications)
Proposed research and teaching plan
Department at which the candidate proposes to work
Names and addresses (with email addresses and fax numbers) of at least three referees.

Applications are welcome throughout the year and may be sent to the Chairperson of the respective Department of interest, with a copy to:

The Registrar,
Indian Institute of Science,
Bangalore 560012, INDIA

Address:-
Indian Institute of Science
C V Raman Ave, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560012

Phone:-
080 2293 2004

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in