2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th May 2015, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

Indian Air Force Kiran's To Fly On As IJT Wait Continues

I heard that India’s defence ministry has announced that Intermediate Jet Trainer (IJT) will require the Indian air force to continue flying its ageing Kiran Mk 1 trainers until 2017-2018. Is it right ? Why this decision has taken ? I think from this Indian Air Force (IAF) will get benefit ..
Similar Threads
Thread
Hq Indian Air Force
Indian Army Vs Indian Air Force
GTI in Indian Air Force
ACP in Indian Air Force
Indian Air Force Mp
DAV Indian Air Force
NOC from Indian Air Force
MBAkwe continues career abroad
Job in Indian Air Force
Indian Air Force Who's Who
MTI Indian Air Force
Indian Air Force ATC
LDC in Indian Air Force
Getting Into Indian Air Force
Pc 7 Indian Air Force
Mig 35 Indian Air Force
Indian Army Or Indian Air Force
RTI Indian Air Force
Indian Air Force Surya Kiran Aerobatic Team
TAPMI Wait list Results
4th January 2016, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

Re: Indian Air Force Kiran's To Fly On As IJT Wait Continues

Hello sir, I am Rajendra and I want you to provide me details regarding the Indian Air Force Kiran's To Fly On As IJT Wait Continues?
4th January 2016, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Indian Air Force Kiran's To Fly On As IJT Wait Continues

According to an article of 15th February, 2014
India’s defence ministry has announced that delays in the entry to service of the Hindustan Aeronautics (HAL) Sitara intermediate jet trainer (IJT) will need the Indian air force to continue flying its ageing Kiran Mk 1 trainers until 2017-2018.

In a statement, the ministry says the decision to extend the use of the Kiran was “due to repeated revisions in the timeline set for the initial operational clearance [IOC] of IJT, and also considering the current state of the project regarding induction of the IJT in the Indian air force”. The total technical life of the existing type will be extended to reach the new retirement schedule, it adds.
Designed and developed by HAL as a replacement for the Kiran, the HJT-36 Sitara has experienced frequent delays, but senior HAL officials have said they are confident of IOC status being obtained this year.

Weapons trials have already been completed and stall testing is currently under way, following which spin trials will initiate. BAE Systems has been helping HAL to resolve issues related to the IJT’s stall- and spin-related handling qualities.

HAL plans to launch manufacturing of a limited series production batch of 12 aircraft as soon as IOC has been achieved. The Indian air force has a stated necessity for this initial number, plus 73 series production examples.

Meanwhile, HAL has nominated the engine for its in-development HTT-40 basic trainer, and says design and development activities should be completed in 2015. Deliveries are expected to commence from 2017.

The Indian air force has a total requisite for 106 basic trainers, and already has 75 PC-7 Mk IIs on order from Pilatus, with the option to order 37 more by next year. The service, which has so far received 26 of the type, has made it clear that it would prefer to have its entire fleet centred on the Swiss type. An earlier statement released by India’s defence ministry says the air force “has expressed reservations over acquiring the HTT-40”.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in